Covid-19 - Guidance on keeping safe during physical meetings
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ.
Covid-19 is likely to continue to impact on our lives for some time to come and so we have put together the following guidance to ensure that we can continue to operate safely with the well being of our vendors and purchasers being our priority. Regardless of whether you are buying or selling, please take the time to read the following very carefully and do get in touch if you require any clarification.
Please also be mindful at all times of any additional rules or guidance provided by marinas, boatyards and other professionals (marine surveyors, etc.) that you might come into contact with during the course of your purchase or sale.
Please take time and care to assess a boat's suitability thoroughly before requesting a viewing so as to avoid unnecessary physical meetings with those outside your household wherever possible.
Current government guidance allows for only one vendor (or their representative) and one other adult to attend any physical meeting.
Only members from a single household should be present on board a boat at any one time, and time spent inside the cabin should be kept to a minimum.
When handing over keys or other items of a boat's inventory, they should be sanitised or passed using gloves.
Your actions will help to provide a safe environment for everyone, so please act responsibly and keep in mind the safety of others at all times. No guidance can cover every scenario, especially as the current situation is evolving - ALWAYS HEED ALL GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC HEALTH ADVICE.
PLEASE INFORM TOPSAIL IMMEDIATELY if you are making arrangements to participate physically in any meeting and you answer 'Yes' to any of the following questions:
- Has anyone in your household had COVID-19?
- Has anyone in your household displayed COVID-19 symptoms and not yet completed a required period of household self-isolation?
- Do you or anyone in your household have any COVID-19 symptoms presently?
- Are you or anyone accompanying you to the meeting in a high-risk category?
Further general advice:
- Use your own transport rather than public transport.
- Fill up cars at petrol stations using gloves and/or a paper towel.
- Do not shake hands and maintain the 2m social distance.
- Use hand sanitisers before entering and upon leaving any boat or building.
- Use knuckles and elbows rather than fingers to touch contact points wherever it is safe to do so.
- Avoid touching surfaces. If you have them, use gloves and sanitiser.
- Some more vulnerable visitors and occupants may ask people present to wear non-surgical face coverings. Please feel free to exercise this right.
- Declare COVID-19 symptoms and postpone any meetings, adhering to government and public health guidance at all times.
- Vulnerable people and those shielding should consider seeking medical advice regarding their proposed activity during this period and should always fully heed government advice.
Thank you. Your assistance and thoughtfulness is sincerely appreciated at this time.