1950 Herbert Woods Trident Class Dayboat - £8,750
Status : FOR SALE
Lying : Norfolk Broads - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
(Please scroll down to the 'Images' section below for more photos.)
Builder : Herbert Woods (Southgates, Horning)
LOA : 6.1m (20ft 0in)
- Wood carvel construction
- Built circa 1950 and operated by Herbert Woods until 1984
- Only 1 prior private owner since leaving hire
- Open boat with cabin sides and windscreen, removable (rolling) canvas sunroof and aft folding cockpit canopy on frame
- 2 x portable seats, plus rear bench seat (upholstery all in good condition)
- Opening (sliding) window beside helm
- Storage locker, plus additional stowage space under seats
- Engine box also serves as picnic table!
- Wintered ashore in shed annually at same yard since 1984
- No recent survey
Mechanical & Electrical
- 10hp Nanni diesel inboard engine (c.2011, low hours, professionally serviced annually)
- Shaft drive
- New fuel tank, etc. fitted along with new engine c.2011
- Wheel steering
- Single lever control
- Engine instrumentation panel, rev counter and hours meter (current reading 166, but not reset to 0 when re-engined so real hours much lower!)
- 12V battery
- Boat Safety Scheme certificate to 2025
- Fire extinguishers
- 12V auto bilge pump
- Navigation lights
- Small wooden mast (previously mounted on foredeck, not currently fitted)
- NASA Target 2 speed/log (traducer is sometimes temperamental!)
- Boat hook
- Concrete mudweight
- 3 x rhond anchors
- Conventional anchor
- Various fenders (including bow fenders)
- Various mooring warps
- Carpets as fitted
- Plastic dust cover (for use in shed over winter)
This traditional carvel dayboat was built in about 1950 (or possibly slightly earlier) at Southgates in Horning, then part of Herbert Woods. She was sold out of hire in 1984 and the current (and only second private) owner purchased her in 1992. She has been wintered ashore every year since 1984 and all structural works have been professionally carried out in recent years. Re-engined about nine years ago with a Nanni diesel inboard engine, she has otherwise purposely been kept as authentic as possible, making her a lovely example of a traditional Norfolk Broads dayboat typical of the mid twentieth century. Enjoyed and maintained with care and enthusiasm by the current owner for some thirty years, "Trident 1" is now looking for a new custodian due to the passing of time.
This vessel is listed as number 571 on the register of the former Vintage Wooden Boat Association.
Please note: No trailer is available or included in the sale.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
2406 Trident 1 A140 22062206