1952 Waveney One Design (WOD) & Trailer - £8,500
Status : FOR SALE
Lying : Suffolk Broads - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
(Please scroll down to the 'Images' section below for more photos.)
Designer : William S Parker of Oulton Broad
LOA : 6.71m (22ft 0in)
LOD : 6.1m (20ft 0in)
Beam : 1.88m (6ft 2in)
Draft : 0.89m (2ft 11in)
Keel : Fin
- Wood carvel construction
- Completely re-built 2007 (by previous owner to very high standard)
- Bottom re-caulked winter 2020/2021 (by Broadland Boat Builders)
- Repainted and re-varnished as required every winter
- Wintered ashore in shed annually under current ownership
Rigging & Sails
- Gunter rig
- Wood mast/spars
- Standing and running rigging all in good order (new jib halyard and main sheet 2021)
- Mainsail and jib (hank on) used for racing (2018, rarely used)
- Mainsail and jib (hank on) used for cruising (old, but serviceable)
- Jib pole
- Galvanised single axle road trailer (last serviced Oct 2021, in good roadworthy condition and tows very well)
- Cover (serviceable condition, needs a small repair)
- Manual bilge pump
- Single paddle
- Various fenders
- Various mooring warps
The Waveney One Design (WOD) was designed in the early 1920s at the request of the Waveney Sailing Club and the class are still actively sailed and raced at the Waveney & Oulton Broad Yacht Club (WOBYC). The first 26 WODs were constructed in wood by various builders over a number of years, with a further seven boats built in GRP since 1994.
This Waveney One Design was completely rebuilt in 2007 and was re-caulked just last winter. In the current (shared) ownership for the last 5 years, she has been raced regularly and competitively and is now offered for sale, complete with recently serviced galvanised road trailer, due to the owners having young families and insufficient time to sail going forwards.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
2334 Brandy Bottle W19 568M 21122201