Shetland 570 & Trailer - £6,250
Status : FOR SALE
Lying : Norfolk Broads - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
(Please scroll down to the 'Images' section below for more photos.)
Designer : Colin Mudie
Builder : Shetland Boats, Stanton, Suffolk
LOA : 5.7m (18ft 8in)
Beam : 2.08m (6ft 10in)
Draft : 0.23m (0ft 9in)
Displacement : 730kg
- GRP construction
- #595, assumed built c. 1973/4
- Original gelcoat finish (off-white)
- Semi displacement underwater profile
- Aft cockpit with folding canopy (new 2020 at cost of £1,400, beige, designed to enable improved/easier entry)
- New Plexiglass windscreen and rubbers 2020
- Wood slatted rear bench seat in cockpit, plus pedestal mounted folding helm and navigator's chairs (all in good condition)
- Attractive wood cockpit sole boards
- Woodwork re-varnished 2020 and in good order
- New headlining in cabin 2020
Mechanical & Electrical
- 10hp Honda four stroke outboard motor (last serviced winter 2020/21, little used since)
- Electric start
- Portable fuel tank
- 12V battery
- 12V fused switch panel
- 12V charging sockets
- Small solar panel with charge controller
- 2 berths in 1 cabin
- Portable cushions (can be used in cabin or cockpit, no fitted cabin berth cushions)
- Chemical toilet
- No fixed gas or freshwater systems currently installed
- Galvanised single axle braked road trailer with self adjusting rollers, winch, new tyres, spare wheel, mudguards, digital light board and cables, new hitch lock (capacity 780 kg, understood to be in good roadworthy condition)
- Boat Safety Scheme certificate to 14/06/2025
- Fire extinguishers
- 2 x bilge pumps
- Buoyancy aid/life jacket (worn once)
- Cockpit tonneau cover
- Stainless steel pulpit rail
- Lock gate winch handle
- Mooring warps (new)
Designed in 1971, and with over 3,000 examples built before the model was superseded by the Shetland Kestrel in c. 1982, the Shetland 570 has proved herself to be an extremely popular small motor cruiser. With her semi displacement hull, she is well suited to both coastal and inland use as a day cruiser, weekender or fishing boat. Offering two berths in a comfortable cabin, and easily handled and trailed, the Shetland 570 is a great choice for newcomers and seasoned boaters alike.
This example benefits from a number of recent upgrades and improvements (new windscreen and rubbers, new cockpit canopy designed to facilitate improved/easier entry, new cabin headlinings, etc.) and she is very well presented throughout. Purchased by the vendor in 2019, she comes complete with a good galvanised road trailer and reliable 10hp outboard motor, and is offered for sale to make way for a larger Shetland cruiser. A very tidy example, and an ideal first motor boat!
A part exchange with a 4 berth Shetland motor cruiser lying Norfolk Broads would be considered.
MOORING: This vessel's northern Broads mooring is understood to be transferable (currently paid to 31st March 2022).
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
2320 Sea Pony #595 21102111