2004 Drascombe Gig & Trailer - £8,900
Status : FOR SALE
Lying : SW Scotland - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
(Please scroll down to the 'Images' section below for more photos.)
Builder : Drascombe Boats
LOA : 7.62m (25ft 0in)
LWL : 6.24m (20ft 6in)
Beam : 2.13m (7ft 0in)
Draft : 0.46m (1ft 6in)
Maximum Draft : 1.56m (5ft 1in)
Keel : Centreboard
- GRP construction
- Original (white) gelcoat finish
- Enclosed galvanized centre plate
- Rudder with lifting plate
- Wooden tiller
- Outboard well
- Improved buoyancy fitted aft
- New iroko bilge keel timbers
- Part new oak keel
- Hull interior re-fibreglassed in floor areas
- New timber floorboards
- Hull exterior below waterline sanded, primed and ready to antifoul
- RCD 10 persons Cat. C
- Sailing weight approx. 900kg (1,985lb)
- Towing weight approx. 1,540kg (3,400lb)
Rigging & Sails
- Lugsail Yawl rig
- Varnished timber masts and spars
- Mainsail (tan, very good condition)
- Mizzen (tan, very good condition)
- Jib (tan, very good condition)
- Sail area by design : 23.72 sq.m (255 sq.ft)
Mechanical & Electrical
- Optional: 6hp Evinrude long shaft two stroke outboard (powerful twin cylinder motor with large prop) with portable fuel tank and hose - asking price £395
- Single axle braked road trailer with centre & side rollers and winch (recently serviced, new tyres, new spare wheel, all in very good condition)
- Anchor with chain and rope
- Whale bilge pump (2021)
The Drascombe Gig - a 25 foot GRP open adventure sailing boat - is the largest boat in the Drascombe range and was originally designed for use as a naval sail training vessel. Very seaworthy, stable, and easy to be sail, row or motor, the Gig is a great option for group and family sailing.
Rarely available for sale secondhand, Drascombe Gig's are still being built today, with prices starting from £32,500. An ideal utility, club or sail training vessel - or just for good fun out on the water with plenty of space for family and friends!
Currently undergoing a light refit and will be sold ready to tow and sail in early 2022!
DELIVERY: Lying Dumfries and Galloway, south west Scotland. The vendor is willing to deliver the vessel within the UK for the cost of fuel and any other expenses incurred.
PLEASE NOTE: The vendor is selling in the course of business, but is not registered for VAT.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
2280 Essex Girl 21072111