1913 Pegg River Cruiser Class - £19,500
Lying : Norfolk Broads - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Builder : Alfred Pegg/Norfolk Broads Yachting Co. Ltd., Wroxham
LOA : 10.06m (33ft 0in)
LOD : 8.23m (27ft 0in)
Beam : 2.51m (8ft 3in)
Draft : 0.91m (3ft 0in)
Keel : Fin
- Wood carvel construction (epoxy coated)
- Major professional refurbishment 2018
- Hull re-planked as necessary and exterior epoxy coated 2018
- New deck and coach roof coverings 2018
- New cockpit lockers and seats/lids 2018
- No recent survey
- Wintered ashore annually
Rigging & Sails
- Gunter (high peak) rig
- Mast counterbalanced and stepped in wood tabernacle for easy lowering/raising
- New (taller) hollow wood mast and laminate gaff 2018
- Boom refurbished 2018
- New standing and running rigging 2018
- New dyneema running backstays 2020 (highly successful in improving downwind performance in moderate to stronger winds)
- Mainsail (2018, McNamara Sails, 375sqft)
- Jib (2018, McNamara Sails, 125sqft)
- Total sail area : 500sqft
- Sail cover
Mechanical & Electrical
- Torqeedo electric drive driven by 24V system (2018)
- 2 x large solar panels (2018)
- Shore-power fittings (2018)
- 12V supply to domestic lights, USB charging points, etc.
- 2 berths in 1 cabin
- Berth cushions
- Gas stove (2018, 2 burners and grill) in cabin
- Gas bottle (not full) in dedicated gas locker under stern deck
- Stainless steel bowl sink installed in cockpit locker
- Sea toilet (2018, no holding tank)
- 12V cabin and cockpit lights (2018)
- USB charging points in cabin (2018)
- Curtains where fitted
- Ample locker storage, plus large forepeak (accessible from cabin)
- Lifting cabin roof (hinged at front)
- Full cruising awning with awning rails (good condition, off white)
- Summer storage cover (low fitting over cabin and cockpit, good condition, green)
- Full length heavy duty winter cover
- Boat Safety Scheme certificate to 2022
- Fire extinguishers
- Carbon monoxide alarm
- 12V Rule automatic bilge pump
- Navigation lights
- Quant pole
- Mud weight
- 4 x rhond anchors
- Various warps
- Various fenders
This beautiful River Cruiser Class broads yacht is well known throughout the Broads, having raced and cruised extensively with her previous owner (who first sailed her as a child when she was owned by his maths teacher!) following his 'rescue' and painstaking renovation of her from 1989 to 1993. She was purchased by the current owner in 2017, following which she underwent major refurbishment at Eastwood Whelptons in 2018 - including the epoxying of her hull, so as to substantially reduce ongoing maintenance requirements in the future, and the installation of an electric motor. She has since again been part of the Broads landscape, both cruising and completing the 2019 3RR, and she is now reluctantly offered for sale due to her owner's relocation.
"Rogue" is currently entered in the 60th anniversary 3RR due to take place 5th/6th June 2021. At the time of writing, a hot racing crew comprising a former highly successful Royal Naval Offshore Racing skipper, a former Olympic Sailing triallist and a local Broadland boat builder/sailor has been arranged (if ever success was awaiting...!), with a fourth and final berth at present still available!
Successfully combining the beautiful lines and traditional character of the river cruiser class, and the advantages and reduced maintenance requirements of modern boat building techniques, materials and equipment, this Broads yachts is one not to be missed!
Featured in major Classic Boat magazine article, March 2021.
MOORING: It's understood that this vessel's northern Broads mooring is transferable (current cost approximately £1,650 for 12 months, with a shorter seasonal arrangement possible by negotiation).
Rogue Underway (video) (3,943kB .MP4 file)
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
2212 Rogue #21 A355 (Sail) 21012104