ARCHIVE LISTING - THIS VESSEL IS NOT FOR SALE!
*** ARCHIVE LISTINGS ARE PROVIDED FOR INFORMATION AND RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY ***
1985 Arran 16 Fishing/Dayboat & Trailer - £3,950
Lying : Ashore Norfolk Broads - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Builder : Arran Boats, Scotland
LOA : 4.88m (16ft 0in)
Beam : 1.98m (6ft 6in)
Draft : 0.3m (1ft 0in)
- GRP construction
- Date of build unknown but estimated as mid 1980's
- Original gelcoat throughout
- Simulated clinker displacement hull
- Full length centre keel with two bilge keels, all with 316 stainless steel keel bands
- Rubber rubbing strake
- Removable cuddy cabin with opening escape hatch/screen at front
- New windows and rubbers fitted to cuddy October 2019
- Stainless steel handrails on cabin top and cockpit coaming
- Athwartship bench seats in cuddy, amidships and at stern, plus folding helmsman's seat (October 2019) at stern
- Large storage locker under foredeck with access hatch in cuddy
- Thetford chemical toilet, cover and shelving fitted in cuddy March 2020
- Weight : 281kg without cuddy, 305kg with cuddy
- Maximum motor power : 11.2KW / 15hp
- Maximum load : 340kg
- Maximum speed : 8 Knots
- RCD category C and CE rated for 4 persons (current production)
- Last afloat January 2021
Mechanical & Electrical
- 6hp Mariner F6ML four stroke long shaft outboard motor with high thrust prop (December 2019, first service carried out by Norfolk Marine, only 20 hours from new)
- Tiller (outboard) steering
- Additional outboard bracket for auxiliary motor
- Motorloc outboard lock (October 2019)
- No 12V system currently fitted
- Road trailer
- Cockpit tonneau cover (September 2019, blue, excellent condition)
- Bilge pump (June 2020)
- Pair of paddles
- Staff and ensign
- Various fenders
- Various mooring warps
With her with pleasing lines and pretty simulated clinker hull, the Arran 16 is an attractive little GRP motor cruiser with cuddy cabin which can easily be removed when required to provide a fully open boat. In production for an impressive 35+ years, and still available new today (typical new price ~£11,923 including outboard and trailer), Arran 16s can be found in harbours throughout the UK and mainland Europe, the design having proven itself to be safe, stable, very versatile and with low running costs thanks to the displacement hull shape. A popular choice for use as a fishing boat, workboat and general leisure dayboat, both privately and within the hire industry in places such as the Lake District and South Coast, the Arran 16 is very manageable both afloat and during launching/recovery, being light enough to be easily towed behind most family cars. Similar in many ways to the ever popular Orkney Longliner/Fastliner. A great little 16 footer!
For sale due to vendor's relocation, this example is being sold complete with a road trailer and nearly new outboard and cockpit tonneau cover.
MOORING: It's understood that the vessel's very desirable northern Broads mooring could, at the time of writing, be transferred to the purchaser (current cost £412.80 paid to 31st March 2021).
PHOTOGRAPHS: The photos showing the vessel afloat were taken in January 2021, and those ashore in early February 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: This vessel is understood to at present be exempt from the Boat Safety Scheme, being an open boat with no fixed systems installed that require testing. The trailer is understood to be solid, but regretfully it has no service history and it has previously been used for launching/recovering in salt water as well as for transportation and storage purposes. It will be the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the trailer is sufficiently roadworthy before undertaking any road journey. The Broads Authority annual river toll for this vessel was £112.82 for 2020/21.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
2210 Broadside 1818Z (Motor) 21012102