1986 Shearwater Clinker Dinghy (Diesel Inboard) & Trailer - £3,750
Lying : Ashore Norfolk Broads - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 5.26m (17ft 3in)
Beam : 1.98m (6ft 6in)
- GRP construction
- Simulated clinker hull
- Transom hung rudder and tiller (new 2016)
- Original gelcoat finish to hull (waxed and polished twice under current ownership)
- Decks and hull interior repainted 2018
- Recent new mooring cleats
- Recent new deck edging
- Antifouled 2020 (Broads Hempel)
Mechanical & Electrical
- Lister Petter LPA2 twin cylinder air-cooled diesel producing about 13hp at 3,000 rpm
- Engine fully serviced April 2016 by Ludham Bridge Boatyard, oil changed annually since with about 12 hours use in total
- Shaft drive to 3 blade prop
- Single lever control
- Lister engine control panel
- Comprehensive workshop manual
- Tiller (varnished laminated wood) steering
- 110Ahr 12V battery (2016)
- During current ownership, new pre-heater plug, silencer, exhaust manifold and flexible coupling, heat shield, exhaust manifold lagging, main switch and engine casing including air vents and sound proofing
- Open boat
- Bench seats to rear, port and starboard
- Engine box doubles as further seat and/or picnic table!
- Storage lockers under fore deck and at stern
- Single axle galvanised road trailer, Winterhoff WW 8-E GVW 800kg (reasonable tyres, bearings greased regularly, thoroughly inspected prior to each use)
- Overall cover (2016, Jeckells, good condition)
- Fire extinguisher
- 12V bilge pump (not working)
- Anchor with chain and rope
- Boat hook
- Jackstaff (pennant not included in sale)
- 4 x fenders
- 2 x mooring warps (recent)
This attractive, traditionally styled, open launch with simulated clinker hull offers plenty of room for skipper and passengers. With her diesel inboard and good stability, she makes an ideal family launch, yacht tender, club/safety boat or fishing dinghy. Purchased by the current owner in January 2017, and being sold complete with a single axle road trailer, she is now surplus to requirements as the restoration of another launch nears completion. A quick sale is desired!
Please note: Whilst this boat doesn't currently have a valid Boat Safety Scheme certificate, it is believed that she meets all BSS requirements (at the time of writing) and the vendor has indicated that he would be willing to obtain a certificate at his cost, subject to negotiation and if required by the purchaser.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
200620062157 Shearwater Tide 285R (Motor Cruisers, Open Day Boats)