1929 Brooke Motor Launch & Trailer - £12,950
Status : FOR SALE
Lying : Norfolk Broads - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
(Please scroll down to the 'Images' section below for more photos.)
Builder : J.W. Brooke, Lowestoft
LOA : 6.71m (22ft 0in)
Beam : 1.75m (5ft 9in)
Draft : 0.46m (1ft 6in)
- Wood carvel construction
- Larch on oak and elm
- Transom hung rudder
- Hull topsides epoxy coated and painted
- Varnished original teak trimmings, cockpit linings, bulkheads, transom, coamings, etc.
- Traditional lino decks over pine
- Rear and amidships seats
- Engine box doubles as cockpit/picnic table
- Storage lockers under forward and stern decks
- Same ownership for 25 years
- Wintered ashore annually
Mechanical & Electrical
- 35hp Parsons Scampi petrol inboard engine (installed 2019)
- Engine fully reconditioned to exhibition standards by Parsons prior to installation - so essentially a new engine!
- New propeller 2019
- Fuel tank cleaned 2019
- Wheel steering
- New 12V battery 2019
- New wiring and harness 2019
- Heavily built single axle braked road trailer
- Full stem to stern storage cover
- Boat Safety Scheme certificate to 11th September 2023
- 12V auto bilge pump
- Traditional chrome bow (bi) navigation light fitting (no 12V - vendor uses battery powered torch in fitting very effectively!)
- Cane helmsman's chair
- Rear bench seat cushion
- Pair of bespoke scatter cushions with vessel's name
- Pair of wood paddles
- Boat hook
- Ensign and staff
- Various mooring warps
- Various fenders
- Historical records and paperwork
- (Family pennant on bow not included in sale)
A beautiful Broads-built motor launch, with recently installed 'new' (reconditioned 2019) engine, and complete with road trailer. Owned by the same family for some 25 years, this launch has been lovingly maintained with great respect for her originality and traditional features. She boasts more space than most launches of this type, being 22 foot long, and she therefore offers ample room for friends and family on river outings and picnics. Originally built as a yacht tender, her engine has plenty of power for towing purposes, and she would without doubt compliment any Broads or other traditionally-styled yacht or motor cruiser. A real head turner!
Please note: Harvey has not been launched in 2021 (although the engine has been started and ran well) as she is currently awaiting some maintenance/repairs to be carried out by a very well respected local boatyard. Please contact Topsail for further details.
This boat is seriously for sale and offers are invited.
Harvey engine running video (8,211kB .MP4 file)
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
2147 Harvey W77 20062101