1977 Dutch 16m2/Sixteen Quadrant Class Half Decker - £4,350
Lying : Ashore Dorset - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 6.1m (20ft 0in)
Beam : 1.83m (6ft 0in)
Draft : 0.89m (2ft 11in)
Keel : Fin
- Wood carvel construction
- Mahogany planking renewed as required annually
- Oak frames all renewed since 2006 (50% in 2016)
- Hull professionally fibreglass sheathed to high standard by GRP Profiles, Christchurch, 2016
- Fin and bulb keel
- Antifouled November 2019
- Mahogany strip planked decks finished in Deks Olje, re-coated November 2019
- New gunwales 2016
- New tabernacle 2016
- New marine ply cockpit floor boards 2016
- Bow and stern oak deck support frames also renewed under current ownership
- Wintered ashore annually
Rigging & Sails
- Gaff rig
- Wood mast/spars
- New tabernacle 2016
- Standing and running rigging all in good order
- Strong stainless steel kicker mounting
- Main cleat on horse
- Mainsail (good condition)
- Jib (good condition)
- Jib pole
Mechanical & Electrical
- 5hp Johnson two stroke outboard motor (1998, serviced spring 2019, good running order)
- Fitted overall cover with air vents and rear window (2016, blue)
- Storage cradle with strong fibreglass support beams
- Various fenders
- 2 x mooring warps
Based on a design built by a barber in Friesland in 1931, the Dutch 16m2 or Sixteen Quadrant Class is one of the largest half decker classes in the Netherlands - with a staggering 10,000 plus examples built to date! - and is so named due to 16m2 being the combined area of the high peak gaff mainsail and smallish jib. Owned by the current owner since 2006, this much loved example underwent a comprehensive programme of works in 2016 and is understood to be presented in very good condition throughout. How and when "Miranda" (previously "Ran") arrived in England is unknown, but historical documents and photos show that she has previously been based on both the East Coast in Essex and also Suffolk inland at Oulton Broad prior to relocating to the south coast in 2006 with her current owner, and with her shallow draft, she is certainly suited to cruising coastal creeks and inland waterways such as the Norfolk Broads. Reluctantly for sale.
PRICE SUBSTANTIALLY REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE PRIOR TO UPCOMING PAYMENT OF STORAGE FEES!
DELIVERY: Currently lying ashore on a loaned trailer with UK delivery possible subject to negotiation.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
191120052114 Miranda #4195 (Sailing Yachts)