1934 Ernest Collins Pandora Class River Cruiser - No Reasonable Offer Refused!
Lying : Afloat Norfolk Broads - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Builder : Ernest Collins of Wroxham
LOA : 9.45m (31ft 0in)
LOD : 8.53m (28ft 0in)
Beam : 2.44m (8ft 0in)
Draft : 0.91m (3ft 0in)
Air Draft : 1.98m (6ft 6in)
Keel : Fin
- Wood carvel construction
- Lifting cabin roof (centre section)
- Professionally maintained
- New bulkhead 2019
- 12 new planks 2019
- Antifouled 2019
- Normally housed in wet shed when afloat
Rigging & Sails
- Gaff rig
- Timber mast (2006, Peter Chapman) and spars
- Counterbalanced mast stepped in tabernacle for easy lowering/raising
- Mainsail (2006 approximately, very good condition
- Jib on furling gear
Mechanical & Electrical
- 5hp Mercury four stroke outboard (2016)
- Outboard bracket
- Remote petrol tank
- 12V battery
- 4 berths in 2 cabins
- Cushions for all berths (in red chenille with a gold fleur de lys pattern)
- Lifting cabin roof (centre section) with canvas side panels
- Origo 3000 meths stove (two burners) under seat in cockpit well
- Water tank under transom with pump tap
- Sea toilet (no holding tank) in compartment separated from cabin by curtain
- Additional storage area/space for full stove with oven (not included in sale) opposite heads compartment
- Drawers under all berths
- Boat Safety Scheme certificate to February 2021
- 12V auto bilge pump
- Fire extinguishers
- Full awning (good condition) with rails
- Quant pole
- Various mooring warps
- Various fenders
Built by Ernest Collins in 1934, Pandora II was one of four Pandora class yachts built for hire. After many years of service, she was put out to grass before being found in the 1990s in a sorry state in a dyke in Stalham by the grandsons of her original builder. The two brothers set about restoring her but unfortunately after a time they fell out, with one wanting to restore-to-sail and the other to restore-to-sell. As a consequence, Pandora II never did get her internal doors or locker fronts cleaned up and reinstated, and subsequent owners having opted to leave them in their 1990s condition - ready for restoration!
Purchased by the current owners in June 2006, this well maintained traditional Broads yacht is normally kept out of the weather in a wet boat shed at the owner's home, and it is with much sadness that, after many miles of happy family cruising and modest racing achievements, she is now offered for sale due to ill health.
A quick sale is desired and offers are therefore invited.
PLEASE NOTE: The vessel's berth cushions, drawers, cockpit locker fronts, stove, etc. were in storage at the time of photographing, but they are all present and included in the sale.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
2066 19061908 Pandora II #382 R564