1979 Cheverton 24 Ex RN Launch Project - £2,000
Lying : Ashore SW Scotland - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 7.32m (24ft 0in)
LOD : 2.44m (8ft 0in)
LWL : 0.61m (2ft 0in)
- GRP construction
- Buoyancy tanks/seats fitted forward
- Last afloat late 2017
Mechanical & Electrical
- 85hp Perkins 4236 diesel inboard engine
- New 12V starter and alternator (cost £350)
- New Perkins engine control unit (cost £175) (not yet fitted)
- Borge Warner velvet drive hydraulic gear box, ratio 1.52:1
- New gear box hydraulic pipes x 2
- New prop and stern tube seals (cost £440)
- New 18 inch prop (not yet fitted)
- Engine fitted with heat exchanger and fresh water header tank
- New raw water inlet valve (not yet fitted)
- New engine starter heater plug (not yet fitted)
- New Vetus exhaust system comprising wet exhaust hose x 10m, Wetlock exhaust waterlock and stern exhaust outlet with flap (cost £428) (not yet fitted)
- New Vetus fuel tank with fitting unit and sender kit (cost £268) (not yet fitted)
- New tiller (not yet fitted)
- Original single lever Morse control unit
- New 12V battery (cost £150)
- New hull anodes (cost £75) (not yet fitted)
This vessel was originally built as a tender/launch for the Royal Navy and is thought to have been ordered in 1976 and delivered to the Navy in 1979 to a Leander-class frigate which was subsequently deployed to the Falklands. After eventually being sold out of the Navy, it's believed that she was used in as a trip boat in north Wales and then Kirkcudbright. She was last afloat in late 2017, and was purchased by the current owner in early 2018. He stripped her out, bar the engine and all stern gear, ready for renovation. The engine has since had a new starter motor and alternator fitted, following which it was turned over. Included in the sale is a large amount of quality new gear for the renovation, and in addition to fitting this, the launch requires new floors, engine box, gunwhales and re-wiring. The vendor had planned to fit the boat out as an open launch and this spacious vessel would be ideally suited to use as a fishing boat, harbour launch, boatyard workboat or dive boat. A great winter project!
DELIVERY: The vendor has indicated that he would potentially be prepared to deliver the vessel to her new home within the UK with the purchaser to cover fuel costs and expenses.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.