2003 River Cruiser Class Yacht (Trailer Available) - £17,000
Lying : Afloat Norfolk Broads - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Builder : Paul Reynolds/Colin Buttifant (hull) and Paul Bown
LOA : 10.67m (35ft 0in)
LOD : 10.67m (35ft 0in)
Beam : 1.68m (5ft 6in)
Draft : 1.02m (3ft 4in)
Keel : Fin
- Wood carvel construction
- Purchased as an unfaired hull built in 2001 by Paul Reynolds and Colin Buttifant and completed by vendor
- Design based on 22 sq.m./Skerry Cruiser/SK22 class of classic racing yachts but finished to comply with River Cruiser Class
- Wood strip laid decks
- Fixed cabin roof
- Wintered ashore in barn since new
Rigging & Sails
- Gunter rig
- Wood mast/spars
- Counterbalanced mast stepped in tabernacle for easy lowering/raising
- 2 x sheet winches
- Mainsail (2003, subsequently reduced in size to aid handling)
- Roller furling jib (2004)
- Storm jib (2013)
- RCC handicap -6%p
Mechanical & Electrical
- No engine
- Tiller steering
- 2 berths in 1 cabin
- Ample storage space
- No fixed cooking facilities or toilet currently fitted
- Storage cradle
- Overall cover (needs replacing)
- Cruising awning with rails (2003, reasonable condition)
- Quant pole
- Fire extinguisher
- Pair of rhond anchors
- Various warps
- Various fenders
- 2012 Farrington custom-built twin axle braked road trailer available by separate negotiation (very little used, asking price £3,000)
- Yacht weight approximately 1.6 tonnes
- Combined towing weight including trailer approximately 3 tonnes
- Requires Landrover or similar as towing vehicle
Both easily handled and fast, this river cruiser class Broads yacht is understood to have been meticulously maintained since new by her (retired) boat builder owner and is consequently presented in fabulous condition throughout. She is clearly a much loved yacht, with her owner stating that "Glory is what I call a thoroughbred of sailing yachts and words can't describe how wonderful it is to sail her". She is offered for sale with an optional road trailer enabling her to be stored and maintained at home if desired.
A £2,000 discount on the current asking price is offered if the purchaser wishes to purchase the vessel without her current Gunter rig and sails.
This vessel is exempt from the Boat Safety Scheme (BSS).
MOORING: It's understood that the vessel's northern Broads mooring may be available to the purchaser subject to agreement from the mooring owner (currently paid to 1st April 2019, approximate cost £36 per foot per annum).
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1982 18071810 Glory #370 489M