1951 Moore's Reedling Class - £5,500 Offers Invited!
Lying : Ashore Norfolk Broads - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Builder : Moore & Sons of Wroxham
LOA : 6.4m (21ft 0in)
LOD : 6.4m (21ft 0in)
Beam : 2.23m (7ft 4in)
Draft : 0.91m (3ft 0in)
Keel : Fin
- Wood carvel construction
- Built as #4 of class of 5
- Mahogany on oak
- Lifting cabin roof
- Planking checked and renewed as required June 2018
- Professionally repainted and re-varnished as necessary June 2018
- Antifouled June 2018
- Wintered ashore annually
Rigging & Sails
- Gunter rig
- Wood mast/spars
- Counterbalanced mast stepped in tabernacle for easy lowering/raising
- New ash blocks plus some replacement standing/running rigging 2014 (little used since)
- All lines led back to cockpit
- Mainsail (tan)
- Jib (tan)
- Non-original bowsprit available (not currently fitted)
Mechanical & Electrical
- 4hp Mariner outboard motor (2003, serviced annually)
- Outboard bracket
- 12V battery
- Tiller steering
- 2 berths in 1 cabin
- Berth cushions
- Stainless steel sink with drainer in cockpit
- Various crockery, cooking utensils, cutlery, etc.
- Separate heads compartment with sea toilet (no holding tank)
- 12v cabin and cockpit lights
- Curtains and carpets where fitted
- Ample stowage space throughout in draws and lockers
- Full lifting cabin roof (winch operated) with canvas side curtains (good condition)
- Headroom approximately 1.68m (5ft 6in) with roof raised
- Awning (new 2017 at a cost of £1,100, Topgun material, white)
- Old awning
- Boat Safety Scheme certificate (expires 2019)
- Fire extinguishers (not guaranteed in date)
- 12V automatic bilge pump
- Navigation lights
- Clock and barometer
- Mast crutch
- Mud weight
- Rhond anchors
- Various warps
- Various fenders
- File of receipts, etc.
The Reedling Class is an attractive little Broads yacht with good accommodation for two. This much loved example has been very well maintained by recent owners (a retired electrical engineer, and more latterly, his brother) since 2003, with all improvements to rigging, equipment and accommodation being made sympathetically and in keeping with the boat's character and traditional appearance. Genuine reason for sale, and now sadly requiring some general tidying and TLC due to lack of use, but understood to be in good structural condition having had several planks professionally replaced in 2018. A lovely little river cruiser which will undoubtedly bring much pleasure to her new owners.
Relaunched August 2018. A QUICK SALE IS DESIRED AND SENSIBLE OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
MOORING: It's understood that this Vessel's mooring on the Northern Broads could be transferred to the purchaser subject to agreement from the mooring owner.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1907 17061808 Fohn #115 A145