1915 Applegate Half Decker (Trailer Available) - £ Offers Invited
Lying : Ashore Norfolk Broads - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Builder : Applegate's of Potter Heigham
LOA : 6.86m (22ft 6in)
LOD : 6.1m (20ft 0in)
Beam : 1.83m (6ft 0in)
Draft : 0.76m (2ft 6in)
Keel : Fin
- Wood construction
- Extensively rebuilt in 1997 by Goodchild Marine Services including new ribs throughout, new hog and new deck
- Extensive modifications and further restoration work carried out in 2009 by Paul Brown including new oak floors, replacement of aft bulkhead, several timbers replaced and new stainless steel rudder tube fitted
- Receipts for all works since 1996 available
- Planking and spars are original
- Wintered ashore annually
- 2015 condition report available (carried out for insurance purposes)
Rigging & Sails
- Gunter rig
- Wood mast/spars
- Standing and running rigging inspected regularly and replaced as/when necessary
- Mainsail (1998 by Jeckells, valeted and stored at Jeckells every winter)
- Jib (1998 by Jeckells, valeted and stored at Jeckells every winter)
- Small jib (by Ratsey) used as storm jib
Mechanical & Electrical
- 3.4hp Tohatsu outboard (2002)
- Removable side mounted outboard bracket
- Seagull Forty Plus with clutch also available if required
- Cockpit awning (2012)
- Plastic winter covers
- Mast crutch
- 2 x oars with rowlocks
- 2 x rhond anchors
- 6 x fenders
- Various mooring warps
A heavily built, braked road trailer, originally build for an offshore 4 tonner and modified in 1998 to take Broads craft, is available to the purchaser by separate negotiation (asking price £500).
Believed to have been built by Applegate's circa 1915, this half decker was originally rigged like a Yarmouth OD with standing lugsail, jib on bowsprit and a lifting keel, but was converted to a gunter rig with a fixed keel in the late 1940's. She was purchased by the current owner in 1996 and is now sadly looking for a new home where she will continue to be loved and looked after. Priced for a quick sale!
MOORING: It's understood that the Vessel's southern Broads mooring could be transferred to the purchaser subject to agreement from the mooring owner.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1897 17041806 Coralie C1 69D