1957 BB11 One Design (OD) & Trailer - £4,800
Lying : Ashore Norfolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Builder : Borge Bringsvaerd, Drobak, Norway
LOA : 6.18m (20ft 3in)
LWL : 4.1m (13ft 5in)
Beam : 1.78m (5ft 10in)
Draft : 0.98m (3ft 3in)
Ballast : 275kg
Keel : Fin
- Wood carvel construction
- 11/16th inch mahogany (edge glued, screwed and dowelled) on bent oak frames
- Oak keel and stem
- Spruce and pine knees, deck beams and carlins
- Teak decks (new 2008)
- Mahogany cockpit coamings, breakwater and rubbing strakes
- Cast iron ballast keel
- Gunmetal fastenings
- Mahogany cleats
- Interior fit-out in mahogany
- Freeboard : 0.54m (1ft 9in)
- Keel bolts replaced 2013
- Lifting eyes replaced 2013
- No recent survey
- Barn stored when ashore
Rigging & Sails
- Bermudan sloop rig
- Mast and boom in pine with stainless steel fittings
- Stainless steel tabernacle
- Stainless steel standing rigging
- All standing and running rigging replaced since 2011
- Mainsail (7.60 sq m / 82 sq ft)
- Jib (3.60 sq m / 39 sq ft)
- Total sail area (11.2 sq m / 121 sq ft)
- Sails used for only four seasons and in very good condition
Mechanical & Electrical
- 10hp (approximately) Kohler petrol inboard engine (serviced 2016)
- Bespoke side mounted, stainless steel outboard bracket (brand new)
- 12V battery
- Tiller steering
- Single axle road trailer/launching trolley (good condition, recent new tyres and lighting board)
- Lockable lid that fits over cockpit
- Seat cushions
- Boom crutch
- Mud weight
- Various mooring lines
- 4 x new quality fenders (never used)
- Boat Safety Scheme certificate (new)
(as provided by the builder in promotional material)
The BB11 is a strict One Design, conceived in 1956 as a high quality. moderately priced yacht, equally suited both for day cruising and class racing. As a 'thoroughbred' racing boat, the BB11 is more economical to maintain than the majority of keel boat classes, and appeals particularly to the dinghy sailor who wants to continue class racing with more comfort and less expenditure of effort.
The BB11 is fast and dry, having an easily driven and particularly seaworthy hull form. Built in buoyancy is incorporated in the hull to ensure maximum safety under all conditions. the all-up weight of the BB11 is under three quarters of a ton and can easily be trailed by road.
The BB11 is designed and built exclusively by Borge Bringsvaerd, Drobak, Norway. The builder has combined the best traditions of Norwegian boat building with modern 'flow' production systems to create a quality product of outstanding value.
There are BB11 Fleets in more than 10 countries, and several hundred yachts have been built and are racing throughout the world. The strict One Design nature of the class is ensured by rigid and up to date rules controlled by the International BB11 Association, and the fact that all boats are constructed by one builder ensures that as far as possible hulls are identical. The class has been granted National status by the Royal Norwegian Yacht Club.
Purchased by the current owner some 10 years ago, this BB11 One Design is now for sale due to the purchase of a larger sea going vessel. She has been unused the past two seasons, but was previously sailed on the Norfolk Broads. She is understood to have been maintained to a high standard throughout, and is currently barn stored on her trailer at her owner's home.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1851 16041706 Elaine #UK12 503T