1993 Traditionally Styled GRP Broads Sailing Dinghy & Trailer - £3,500
Lying : Ashore East Sussex - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 3.96m (13ft 0in)
- GRP hull (simulated clinker design) in original gelcoat finish
- Wooden capping rail
- Traditional wooden transom
- Wooden transom hung rudder and tiller
- Teak cockpit sole/floor grate
- 2 x teak cockpit seats (athwart ships)
- Additional buoyancy fitted
- Wintered ashore in barn
- Only two owners from new
Rigging & Sails
- Gunter rig
- Folding wooden mast
- Rigging all in good condition
- Tan mainsail (by James Lawrence Sailmakers of Brightlingsea, good condition, has had only one small repair)
- No foresail (has never had one, but Jeckells have confirmed that one could be fitted)
Mechanical & Electrical
- Please see note in remarks section
- Single axle road trailer (recently serviced)
- Flat cover
- Rowing oars
This pretty little gunter rigged sailing dinghy offers all of the convenience of GRP construction, whilst still being of a very pleasing and traditional design. She is understood to have been professionally built by a Broadland boat builder for his own use, and following his death she was kept in storage for a considerable time at Landamores in Wroxham. "Moley" was purchased by the current (and only second) owner three years ago, and has continued to sail on the Broads each summer since. The vendor informs us that she sails well with her single sail, and that she is in good order throughout.
NOTE: A 2.2hp two stroke Suzuki outboard motor (2002 approximately, serviced winter 2014/15 and used only once since) is available to the purchaser for an additional £200 if required.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1818 15091512 Moley 311M