ARCHIVE LISTING - THIS VESSEL IS NOT FOR SALE!
*** ARCHIVE LISTINGS ARE PROVIDED FOR INFORMATION AND RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY ***
2014 Dark Harbor (Harbour) 17.5 & Trailer - £37,000
Lying : Suffolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Designer : B.B. Crowninshield in 1908
Builder : Jackson Yachts
LOA : 7.87m (25ft 10in)
LWL : 5.33m (17ft 6in)
Beam : 1.91m (6ft 3in)
Draft : 1.3m (4ft 3in)
Displacement : 1,500kg
Keel : Fin (long)
- Epoxy/wood construction
- Hull - West system cedar strip planking over 13 laminated mahogany ring frames, with laminated douglas fir longitudinals, and sheathed in 600g glass saturated in west system epoxy, finished in Awlgrip products
- Inside of hull - Finished in epoxy followed by varnish where visible
- Fin - Laminated douglas fir sheathed in 600g glass saturated with west system epoxy, finished in Awlgrip products
- Rudder blade - Solid ply lamination, profiled and sheathed in glass, finished in Awlgrip products
- Lead keel - Through bolted and bonded with Arbicol
- Deck - Laminated mahogany beams with ply deck, sheathed in 600g glass saturated in epoxy and finished with International products
- Deck head - Painted and grooved
- Cockpit coamings and cabin sides - Solid single lengths of African mahogany (all other bright work made up of mahogany from the same board to guarantee colour match)
- Cockpit sole (self draining, reversed camber) - Bright finished douglas fir planking
- All bright work is finished in Durapox followed by Stoppani and then given two coats of Epifanes for ease of maintenance
Rigging & Sails
- Gaff rig
- Varnished wooden spars
- Custom bronze fixings
- Mainsail (2014)
- Foresail (2014)
- Sail area 311 sq ft
Mechanical & Electrical
- Torqeedo electric outboard motor
- Custom Snipe trailer
- Raymarine wireless log and sounder
Built to showcase the quality of craftsmanship and techniques used by the Jackson Yachts team, this is a rare opportunity to buy a new yacht of this size and quality, ready for immediate delivery. The builder has taken every opportunity to make this Dark Harbor (or Harbour, if you prefer!) 17.5 yacht as maintenance free as possible. With her trailer and easily handled size, she would make a great regatta attendee, as well as a very easy to live with daysailer or weekender. Featured in the March/April 2017 issue of Water Craft magazine.
PLEASE NOTE: Whilst the above boat has now been sold, fully customised new boats can be built to order. Please contact Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers for further details.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1772 Today (Sail) 14082105