1920 Applegate Half Decker - £950
Lying : Norfolk Boards - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 5.49m (18ft 0in)
Beam : 1.83m (6ft 0in)
Draft : 0.46m (1ft 6in)
Keel : Fin
- Built by Applegate's of Potter Heigham in the 1920s
- Pine on Oak carvel construction
Rigging & Sails
- Lugsail rig with jib on bowsprit
- Newly varnished wooden mast
- Wooden boom (requires replacement)
- Aluminium lugsail yard
- Cream lugsail and jib (both in very good condition)
- Winter cover (in reasonable condition)
- Boom cover (in tatty condition)
This Half Decker is unexpectedly for sale due to a change of plans. Her restoration has been partially completed by the current owner, and it is understood that some of the restoration work that remains outstanding is as follows:
- Renewal of the top plank both sides
- Replacement of some additional ribs (twelve already replaced)
- Replacement of stern deck, along with the deck covering, coamings and rubbings strakes
- New rudder
- Replanking where required
- Replacement of boom and lugsail yard (the latter for cosmetic reasons only)
- Stripping back of slated bench seats (one already done)
- Varnishing and painting throughout
In addition to the above, it is understood that the hog has a split in it, although this is not believed to be a structural defect, and the lead keel has a small crack in it.
This is a pretty little half decker, which is understood to sail very well (so well in fact, that is believed that Percy Hunter based Woodcut 1 and 2 on her, so impressed with her was he when he sailed her during his time working at Applegate's). Serious enquiries only please.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1593 10081102 Sunset