1998 Walnut 20 - £10,000
Lying : Norfolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 6.1m (20ft 0in)
Beam : 1.83m (6ft 0in)
Draft : 0.61m (2ft 0in)
Keel : Lifting
- Wood/epoxy construction
- Lifting keel with lead ballast
- Dark green with white decks and cabin top and varnished woodwork
- Teak laid decks
Rigging & Sails
- Gaff Yawl rig
- Timber mast/spars
- Mainsail with cover (cream)
- Mizzen (cream)
- Staysail (cream)
- Wykham-Martin furling on headsail
Mechanical & Electrical
- Yanmar 1GM10 diesel
- 4 berths, plus galley and heads
- The boat has a good sized cockpit with aft-mounted wheel steering, and seating and lockers to either side. In the cabin, there is a full-length quarter berth to either side, both with storage under. There is access to the engine behind the companionway steps (there is also a removable hatch in the cockpit sole giving access to the aft of the engine and the gearbox). Going forward, there is a sink unit (manually pumped cold water) plus worktop and storage to port, opposite which is a Wallas Safeflame diesel powered 2 ring cooker (which also provides heating for the cabin) plus further storage. Forward again, there is a single settee berth to either side and, in the bow, there is a sea-toilet plus yet further storage lockers, an escape hatch and the chain locker. Headroom is good at about 5ft 5in, and the vessel is in excellent decorative condition both inside and out.
- Navigation equipment: Masthead navigation lights, VHF, handheld VHF, compass, log, sounder, Autohelm, clock and barometer, Vetus hydraulic wheel steering (can also be steered by tiller)
- Safety equipment: Electric and manual bilge pumps, rope cutter on prop shaft, flare pack, radar reflector, safety ladder, fire extinguisher, fire blanket
- Deck equipment: Cockpit tent/cover, fitted spray hood, anchor with approx. 90ft of chain, boat hook, warps, fenders
- Other equipment: Pair of beaching legs (original cost £1,000)
This boat represents a rare opportunity to acquire an outstanding small vessel at a very advantageous price - it is understood that she originally cost several times her current asking price, and she is only 5 years old. This is a beautifully presented small cruiser, and early viewing is recommended.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1338 03050305 Nuthatch