1997 Bruce Roberts Copy of Joshua Slocum's Liberdale - £25,000
Lying : USA - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Designer : Bruce Roberts
LOA : 10.67m (35ft 0in)
Beam : 2.44m (8ft 0in)
Draft : 0.76m (2ft 6in)
Keel : Long
- Wood/epoxy construction
- Long keel with bilge boards
Rigging & Sails
- Junk rig
- 3 x junk sails
Mechanical & Electrical
- 22hp Mitsubishi 3 cylinder diesel
- Honda propane generator
- 2 x solar panels
- 30 amp 230 to 12 volt battery charger
- Tankage : 35 gallons of diesel, 17 gallons of water
- berths in 3 cabins, plus galley and heads
- The boat has a good sized cockpit with wide, uncluttered side decks and lockers under. In the main cabin, the galley is immediately to port and provides a Wayfarer cooker (2 burner, grill and oven), stainless steel sink with manually pumped cold water, a fire extinguisher and fire blanket, tiled worktop, shelves and lockers. The vessel's chart table and a quarter berth are opposite this. Going forward, there is a fitted central table with a cutlery tray and food storage, plus a single settee berth to either side. Forward again, there is a door leading into the heads, which has a Lavac sea-toilet and hanging space plus storage for the vessel's solar panels. A further door leads into the bow where there is a large double berth (lockers under) plus other storage and hanging space.
- Navigation equipment: Garmin GPS, Hummingbird 3D depth sounder, JRC 1000 radar, Yueasu H/F 747 ham radio and antenna tuner, VHF radio, Monitor wind vane self-steering (plus spares), Autohelm 4000 tiller steering, Autohelm 2000 tiller steering, clock, barometer, navigation lights
- Safety equipment: PUR power-survivor 35 with spares, EPIRB, horseshoe lifebuoy, stainless steel stanchions and guardlines, 5 x 1 ton air bags, fire extinguisher
- Deck equipment: 2 x CQR anchors plus chain and warp, fenders, docking lines
This copy of Joshua Slocum's 1890 vessel was built in Wales (the original was built in Paranagua, Brazil). She has sailed 20,000 miles, including retracing Joshua's voyage from Brazil, through the Caribbean to the United States. She gained 3rd place in her class in Antigua's Classic week in 2000. She is a real blue-water boat, with a proven oceanic capability, and an asking price of £25,000 must make this quite a bargain.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1327 03040304 Liberdale