1973 Seahawk - £1,875
Lying : Essex - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 5.18m (17ft 0in)
Beam : 1.98m (6ft 6in)
Draft : 0.46m (1ft 6in)
Keel : Lifting
- GRP construction
- Lifting keel with bilge runners
- White with blue trim
Rigging & Sails
- Fractional Bermudan Sloop rig
- Aluminium alloy mast/spars
- Stainless steel standing rigging
- Sheet winches
- Slab reefed main (Valiant Sails, 1993)
- Genoa (Moores, 1973)
- No. 1 jib (Valiant Sails, 1993)
- No. 2 jib (Moores, 1973)
- All sails in good order
- Sail cover
Mechanical & Electrical
- 4hp Seagull Osprey outboard (October 1993, overhauled 2002, approximately 100 hrs since)
- 2 berths, plus cooker and toilet
- The boat has a good sized, self-draining cockpit with two large lockers and seating for four adults. In the cabin there is a full-length single settee berth to either side, and a sea toilet and storage in the bow. The boat also has a new cooker. She has red vinyl cushions and there are fitted backrests and shelves.
- Navigation equipment: Compass, Racal echo-sounder, Seavoice VHF, navigation lights, masthead windvane
- Safety equipment: 2 x Life jackets, bilge pump
- Deck equipment: Stainless steel pulpit rail, hardwood handrails, cockpit cover, 20lb Patent anchor and warp, Fisherman kedge anchor and warp, fenders, mooring ropes
- Custom built road trailer
It is understood this vessel will sit upright on a drying mooring and can be beached easily and safely with her plate up. She is reported to be as maneuverable and responsive as a dinghy. This, together with the fact that she can be trailed home for storage purposes, suggests that she might be an ideal first cruiser for someone moving up from a dinghy. Although not yet personally inspected, she looks to be in good order inside and out.
Archived Prior to 2004
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1310 00000000 Clocharde