1991 Roberts Spray 38 - £78,000
Lying : Denmark - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Designer : Bruce Roberts
Builder : Jachtwerf Ferrocem, Schiedam, Holland
LOA : 12.8m (42ft 0in)
Beam : 3.96m (13ft 0in)
Draft : 1.7m (5ft 7in)
Keel : Long
- Professionally built steel construction
- Bottom of keel 13mm, hull 5mm, deck and superstructure 3mm, floors and tanks 6mm
- Fitted out by Roelofs Jachtbouw en Constructiedebrijf, Lekkerkerk
Rigging & Sails
- Bermudan Cutter rig
- Aluminium mast/spars
- Dyform standing rigging (inspected September 2001)
- Battened mainsail
- Roller furling genoa (1999 by Doyle)
- Spare roller furling genoa
- Storm jib
- Asymmetric cruising chute (2000)
Mechanical & Electrical
- Mercedes Benz OM 616 85hp diesel
- Engine compartment has ample room for working, shelves for tools, etc.
- Kiss wind generator (Nov 2001)
- Solar panel
- Shore power
- 180a/h main battery (April 2000)
- 60a/h engine battery
- 6 berths in 2 cabins, plus galley and heads with shower
- The vessel has a large cockpit, with aluminium doghouse, from which the companionway leads down into the main cabin. The navigation area is immediately to port, aft of which is a pilot berth. Opposite the navigation area, which provides a chart table and storage plus the vessel's electronics, is the galley. This provides a cooker (2 burner and oven), sink, fridge/freezer, worktop, cupboards and other storage. Going forward from the galley, the main living area has a U-shaped sofa to port (can be used as single berth), bureau, table and diesel powered space heater. Forward again, the heads, which has a toilet, hand basin and shower, is to starboard, and in the bow there are two double cabins and the sail locker. Internal woodwork is mahogany, and upholstery is in cream patterned material. The boat also has a Pioneer CD player system and a combine TV and VCR.
- Navigation equipment: Shipmate RS8100 VHF, AutoNav A-1500 autopilot (new August 1999), Furno GPS Navigator (August 1999), Magellan Nav 5000 GPS, Raytheon R20 radar, Navtex Pro (August 2000), Apello XCD 241 fish finder/echo sounder, VDO electronic compass, Kenwood R200 SSB World Receiver, horn, navigation lights
- Safety equipment: McMurdo E3 EPIRB (March 2000), Avon life raft (serviced January 2001), 4 x adult's lifejackets, 3 x children's lifejackets, 4 x safety harnesses, lifebuoy with light and flag, Sowester Man Overboard sling, 2 x red parachute flares (Feb 2004), 4 x handheld red flares (Nov 2003), 2 x orange smoke flares (Feb 2004), 5 x lifelines (4 on mast, 1 on deck), halon and powder fire extinguishers, Sowester fire blanket, fully equipped grab bag
- Deck equipment: Manual Simpson Lawrence anchor windlass, 2 x CQR main anchors, stainless steel Danforth anchor, 50m 12mm chain, 15m multibraid, pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guardlines
- 2 x canopies, one for sailing and one for use in port
- Suzuki 1.75m dinghy with Suzuki 2.2hp outboard
Her owners of 4 years report that the vessel's first owners (who had her for 7 years) cruised between Holland and the Canary Islands, after which she was sold to the current owners who have since cruised from Norway to the Caribbean. The vessel was built as a live-aboard, and the owners state that their many visitors have always been amazed with the space inside the boat. Whilst not personally inspected, this looks to be a superb example of a Roberts Spray. As Topsail Marine has in the past been a Bruce Roberts agent, we get to see quite a number of his boats and whilst all are very spacious (6ft 3in headroom is standard), the standard of interior fit out varies considerably. This one, which was professionally completed, looks superb both for living aboard and also for cruising.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1296 02090209 Pinta's Pilot