1925 Gentleman's River Launch - £6,750
Lying : Norfolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 5.03m (16ft 6in)
Beam : 1.52m (5ft 0in)
Draft : 0.3m (1ft 0in)
- Timber carvel construction
- Date of build unknown, probably late 1920s
- White with varnished decks
Mechanical & Electrical
- Electric motor giving about 5mph with up to about 7 hours range
- Seating for 4
- This is an open boat with seating for 4, 2 in Lloyd loom style chairs and 2 on a bench seat aft. The electric motor, which is virtually silent, is mounted under the floor between the front and back seats, and is controlled from the helmsman's seat, which is to port. This is a single lever combining direction and speed. Controls also include an ammeter and battery state indicator. The vessel also has a built-in, electronically controlled, battery charger, mounted to port. The batteries themselves are mounted under the aft deck with access through a hatch. The boat has recently had new mahogany decks and is very well presented.
A very attractive dayboat which, with it's sleek lines, shallow draft (the propeller is mounted in a tunnel) and silent running, is ideal for enjoying the backwaters of our rivers and Broads. A really splendid little vessel in which one feels quite special going down the river.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1285 02080208 Paulo