1993 Southerly 115 - £85,500
Lying : Norfolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 11.25m (36ft 11in)
Beam : 3.63m (11ft 11in)
Draft : 0.69m (2ft 3in)
Maximum Draft : 2.03m (6ft 8in)
- GRP construction
- Aerofoil swing keel
- White with copperbot antifouling
Rigging & Sails
- Bermudan Sloop rig
- Aluminium mast/spars
- Solid boom vang
- Extra strong stainless steel standing rigging all recently renewed
- Running rigging mostly recently renewed
- 231 sq ft main with in-mast furling
- 361 sq ft roller reefed genoa
Mechanical & Electrical
- 37hp Bukh diesel (immaculate)
- Rope cutter
- Tankage : 50 gallons diesel, 60 gallons water, both in stainless steel tanks
- 6/7 berths, plus galley and 2 heads (one with shower)
- The boat has a large cockpit, with seating to either side and for the helmsman . There are two steering positions, both wheel, the cockpit position having a binnacle compass in addition to which there is a speed and distance log, sounder, wind speed and direction indicator, etc. mounted on the companionway hatch. There is a huge locker to starboard. The companionway steps lead down into the main cabin, where the galley and access to the aft cabin are to port, and the heads and navigation station are to starboard. The galley provides a Plastimo Neptune 2000 gimballed cooker (2 burners, grill and oven) plus dual stainless steel sink unit (with pressurised hot and cold), an electric fridge, worktop, storage bin and various lockers and shelves. The galley area also contains the hydraulic control lever for the swing keel mechanism. The access passage to the aft cabin has a heads to port, which closes off for privacy and provides a sea-toilet and handbasin. The passageway also gives access to the engine compartment which has electric lighting and which can also be accessed from behind the companionway steps. The engine, which is immaculate, is understood to have been regularly serviced and to have been comparatively little used. Going aft, the cabin has a large double berth, settee, hanging and other lockers, plus dressing table. The cabin is light and airy and there is a glazed escape hatch in the deckhead. Back in the main cabin, the navigation station has the internal steering position and all of the vessel's electronics (see list), and also provides a chart table with chart storage. The main heads is situated just aft of this and provides a sea toilet, handbasin, shower and a gas water heater. A wet-locker is situated close by the heads. Going forward, the saloon has a large dinette to port (converts to a double) and a single settee to starboard. There is a table extension (stows in the forecabin) which enables 7 or 8 people to sit at the table. In the forecabin there are twin, full-length, overlapped berths, plus access to the chain locker and a glazed escape hatch. The boat abounds in storage lockers and all are immaculately clean. Upholstery is in unmarked condition and there are acres of teak interior woodwork. Headroom, at about 6ft 4in, is very good (this is reduced in the access passage) and the whole vessel is very light and airy.
- Navigation equipment: Furuno daylight radar, Garmin GPS, Huson VHF, Autohelm speed and distance log, echo-sounder (all instruments, excepting the radar which is visible through the companionway hatch, have externally mounted repeaters), navigation lights, compass
- Safety equipment: Liferaft, fire extinguishers, boarding ladder
- Deck equipment: anchor, stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guardlines, sprayhood, fenders, ropes
The Southerly 115, with it's lifting keel, cast iron grounding plate and beaching shoe on the rudder assembly, is designed for beaching where required. The boat is immensely strong, with all GRP based internal units bonded into the hull structure, which adds to the overall strength.
A really impressive vessel, in superb condition. This one owner boat has been maintained to a very high standard and features many extras (in-mast reefing, extra toilet for the aft cabin, refrigerator, heavier duty rigging, etc.). A quantity of miscellaneous effects (flares, harnesses, etc.) are also included in the sale.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1284 02080208 Wandering Star