1972 Shipman 28 - £17,000
Lying : Berkshire - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 8.81m (28ft 11in)
Beam : 2.59m (8ft 6in)
Draft : 1.55m (5ft 1in)
Keel : Fin
- GRP construction
- Teak laid decks
- White with blue trim and antifouling
Rigging & Sails
- Bermudan Sloop rig
- Alloy mast/spars
- Sail cover
Mechanical & Electrical
- 12 hp Farymann diesel (understood to have been completely overhauled in 1998 and to have done less than 20 hours since)
- Folding prop
- Tankage : 50 litres diesel, 50 litres water
- 6 berths in 2 cabins, plus galley and heads
- The boat has a good sized cockpit with seating to either side. Companionway steps lead down into the galley area. This provides a cooker, sink (with manually pumped fresh and sea water), electric cool box, a lifering. worktop and storage. Forward of this there is a dinette to starboard (converts to a double), opposite which is a single settee berth. Forward again, the heads is to port and in the bow there are two further single berths plus storage and a glazed escape hatch. The interior is finished in teak or mahogany with (currently) pink dralon upholstery. The vessel has electric heating, shorepower, and a stereo/cassette system.
- Navigation equip6ment: Autopilot, compass, VHF, GPS, speed and distance log, windspeed and direction indicator, horn, barometer, clock, navigation lights
- Safety equipment: Radar reflector, manual and automatic bilge pumps, 2 x lifejackets
- Deck equipment: 2 x Anchors, stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions, boarding ladder, sprayhood, cockpit tent, dodgers, warps fenders,
- Storage cradle
It is understood that this vessel has been the subject of a refurbishment and that this is still ongoing. This includes treatment of the vessel's teak deck, renewal of her upholstery, etc. The owner states that the hull is osmosis free.
Though not personally inspected this boat looks to be in excellent condition, and she is understood to be a two-owner vessel. For sale due to a change of plans.
Archived Prior to 2004
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.