1980 Jaguar 25 - £9,750
Lying : Norfolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 7.62m (25ft 0in)
Beam : 2.44m (8ft 0in)
Draft : 0.86m (2ft 10in)
Keel : Lifting
- Epoxied GRP construction (heavy lay-up)
- White with red boot and cove lines and black antifouling
Rigging & Sails
- Bermudan Sloop rig
- Aluminium mast/spars
- Mast stepped in tabernacle
- Stainless steel A-Frame for mast lowering
- 2 x Mainsails (one 1997)
- 2 x Jibs
- Storm jib
- Rotostay furling gear
Mechanical & Electrical
- 9.9 Mercury outboard (regularly serviced and looks in excellent order)
- 5/6 berths in 2 cabins, plus galley and heads
- The boat has a large cockpit with seating and lockers to each side. The companionway leads down into the main cabin, where there is a full length quarter berth and navigation station opposite which is the galley. This provides a cooker (2 burners and grill), stainless steel sink unit (manually pumped cold water), a cold box, worktop and storage. Going forward, there is a dinette (converts to a double berth and has storage under (as do all the berths). Opposite this is a single settee berth. The heads, which has a folding door, is forward again, with a Portapotti to port and a handbasin plus storage to starboard. In the bow there are 2 single berths (converts to a double if required), a glazed escape hatch and more storage. Decor is in good condition with upholstery in open-weave brown/beige material and teak woodwork. Headroom, at 5ft 9in, is good and the boat has a good general feel of spaciousness. She is fitted with electric lighting and has a stereo/cassette system.
- Navigation equipment: VHF, echo-sounder, compass, clock and barometer, Micrologic GPS, Speed log, wind indicator, radar reflector, navigation lights
- Deck equipment: CQR anchor with chain and warp, stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guardlines, boarding ladder, ropes, fenders, 2 x tarpaulin covers, outboard cover
This vessel was built for a member of the manufacturing team to use for a circumnavigation. It is understood this did not take place but that the boat consequently has a heavier than standard lay-up, heavier grade standing rigging and a skeg hung rudder (which is understood to counteract this model's reputation for a tendency to weather-helm). It is understood the boat had a new 100 a/hour battery this year. A 1999 survey report is available for serious enquirers. This is a well presented example of this popular model.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1231 01100110 Tarmanda