1978 Hunter Sonata 7 - £6,500
Lying : Norfolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Designer : David Thomas
Builder : Hunter Boats Ltd.
LOA : 6.88m (22ft 7in)
LWL : 5.61m (18ft 5in)
Beam : 2.59m (8ft 6in)
Draft : 0.79m (2ft 7in)
Maximum Draft : 1.5m (4ft 11in)
Keel : Lifting
- GRP construction
- Stub keel with swing down plate (will sail with plate up or partially down)
- All original wood deck fittings have been replaced with stainless steel
- Blue with white superstructure
Rigging & Sails
- Fractional Bermudan Sloop rig
- Aluminium mast/spars
- A-frame and Hunter mast lowering tackle (with larger than standard pulley blocks) for mast lowering/raising
- Adjustable backstay
- All control lines are led back to the cockpit
- Slab reefed mainsail (Crusader, 1998)
- Bi-radial genoa (Crusader, 1998)
- Storm jib
- Spinnaker (as new)
- Sail cover
Mechanical & Electrical
- 6hp Mercury longshaft outboard
- Single lever control
- Charging circuit on her engine
- 78 a/h leisure battery
- 4 berths in 2 cabins, plus and galley and toilet
- The boat has a good cockpit with seating to either side and lockers across the transom. In the main cabin, there is a full length settee berth to port behind which there are shelves for storage, books, and under which there are a number of good lockers. Opposite, there is a further settee berth and the galley. The settee has storage lockers below it and custom-made lockers behind it. The galley has a small, gimballed, cooker (two burners and grill), a stainless steel removable sink with manually pumped cold water, cupboards, fiddled shelving etc. In the forecabin there are two further single berths (can convert to a double), a glazed escape hatch and a Simpson Lawrence 400 sea toilet. As in the main cabin, there is storage space under these berths. Upholstery throughout the boat is in a patterned dralon and is in excellent condition, as is the rest of its decor.
- Navigation equipment: Plastimo bulkhead compass, Navico tiller autopilot, Nasa Stingray VHF, Nasa speed and distance log, Nasa echosounder, Nasa wind speed and direction indicator (sender needs some attention), clock and barometer, navigation lights
- Safety equipment: Horseshoe life buoy, fire extinguisher, fire blanket
- Deck equipment: Danforth anchor and chain, stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guardlines, grab-handles, sprayhood (1995), dodgers, boat hook, ropes, fenders
- Storage cradle
It is understood the vessel's upholstery was renewed in 1997. The boat and her engine are alarmed. A very comfortable boat, and one that is understood to sail well.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1193 01090109 Midi