1963 Chris Craft Cavalier - £6,500
Lying : Suffolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 7.32m (24ft 0in)
Beam : 2.44m (8ft 0in)
Draft : 0.61m (2ft 0in)
- Mahogany and Douglas Fir construction
Mechanical & Electrical
- Small Thetis diesel for use on inland waters
- Original Chris Craft V-8 engine is available by separate negotiation, but needs restoration
- 2/3 berths, plus small galley and heads
- The boat has a large (approx. 10ft x 8ft) self-draining cockpit, with helm seat to starboard and wicker chairs for day parties. She has folding windscreens plus a folding wheelhouse and also a large, whole cockpit cover giving full headroom. Companionway steps lead down into the cabin where there is a single settee berth to starboard, opposite which is the heads and galley. The heads provides a toilet and hand basin, whilst the galley has a small cooker, worktop and storage. There is a full-length V-berth in the bows. Headroom in the central part of the cabin is about 6ft.
- Clock and barometer
- Navigation lights
- Stainless steel pulpit rail, plus grab handles on cabin roof and hand rails all round cockpit
- Fire extinguisher
- Anchor and warp
This boat was used for many years by her owners of 22 years as an express cruiser in the South of France. She is typical of the classic, smaller coastal express cruisers used in the United States and is ideal for weekend socialising, or for short cruises. She could be trailed by a large car if required. She is currently stored afloat but under cover with her windscreen, pulpit and handrails removed for ease of access. She is a boat with huge potential, if you are willing to restore her (work required believed to be mainly cosmetic). She appears overall to be in sound condition and should make heads turn wherever she goes.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1177 02040204 Wood Is Good