1996 Steel Dutch Barge - £65,000
Lying : Norfolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Builder : French and Peel
LOA : 18.29m (60ft 0in)
Beam : 3.73m (12ft 3in)
Draft : 0.91m (3ft 0in)
- Steel construction (bottom 6mm, elsewhere 5mm)
- Minimum air draft 8ft 3in (2.5m)
Mechanical & Electrical
- Perkins 6354 diesel
- Fuel consumption approximately 1 gallon per hour
- 24volt bow thruster
- 8kw Whisper 8000 generator
- 2.5kw inverter
- 2 x Eberspacher diesel powered warm air central heating units (7kw each)
- Battery charger
- Shore power
- 4 x batteries (engine cranking, generator cranking, 500 a/hours domestic plus 2 further 135 a/h batteries for the bow-thruster), 2 of which are new gel batteries
- Tankage: Approximately 2 tons freshwater, 200 gallons diesel
- 14 berths, plus galley and two heads, one with full wheelchair access and shower
- The vessel has a large, covered, aft deck from which one gains access to the wheelhouse. Here there is seating for 2/3 plus the skipper. The steering position is to port and has full engine and electrical instrumentation. There are two access points into the boat; a companionway leading down into the skipper's cabin, or an electric lift leading down into the main body of the boat. In the skipper's quarters there are 4 bunks plus hanging locker and a heads (toilet and handbasin). A curtained doorway leads through to the main body of the boat where, located centrally (i.e. between the exit from the skipper's quarters and the aforementioned lift) there is a large deep freeze. Going forward, there is a curtained-off sleeping cabin with bunks to either side (uppers being singles, lowers being convertible to doubles/large singles). Forward again, the galley area occupies the full width of the boat with an electric hob (2 burners), a large microwave, a diesel-powered hob and an electric fridge/freezer to port and a large electric oven, sink unit with pressurised hot (from a calorifier/immersion heater) and cold, worktop, cupboards, etc to starboard. Forward again there is a large open cabin with settee berths to either side (would sleep four, each with a bunk-light). Leading off this is the main heads (with toilet, handbasin and shower), which is large and fully equipped for use by wheelchair users. A companionway leads up to a glazed sliding door giving access to the foredeck. Headroom throughout is excellent at 6ft 5in and the vessel's decor is in very good condition. The boat is in first-class decorative state having been hauled last winter when her bottom was scraped and epoxy tar-varnished.
- Navigation equipment: Raytheon 60 Tri-Star depth speed and distance log, rudder position indicator, Swiftech VHF, navigation lights
- Safety equipment: Fire extinguishers, fire blankets, horseshoe lifebuoy, quantity of round lifebuoys
- Deck equipment: 2 x Danforth anchors, manual anchor winch
Built by French and Peel and fitted out by Staniland, this boat is licensed to carry 12 passengers plus crew and, whilst currently equipped to meet the needs of physically impaired crew, she could easily be converted for liveaboard or European canal cruising purposes. She is large, spacious, light and airy. She is also tough and business-like, a useful attribute particularly when sharing a lock with the average Peniche. New anodes, cutlass bearings, etc. fitted and propeller rebalanced winter 2000/2001. An unusual boat with huge potential and well worth seeing.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1170 01070107 Sarah Rose