1969 Snapdragon 24 - £7,750
Lying : Norfolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 7.32m (24ft 0in)
Beam : 2.44m (8ft 0in)
Draft : 0.76m (2ft 6in)
Keel : Bilge
- GRP construction
- White with pale blue deck, superstructure and antifouling
Rigging & Sails
- Bermudan Sloop rig
- Alloy mast/spars
- Tabernacle with A-frame mast lowering
- Roller reefing gear by Rotastay
- Slab reefed main
- Bi-radial roller reefed genoa (Crusader 1997, like new)
- Spare headsail
Mechanical & Electrical
- Yanmar 1GM10 diesel (1992)
- 5 berths in 2 cabins, plus galley and heads
- The boat has a good-sized, self-draining cockpit, with seating to both sides. There are lockers under both seats (that to port being particularly large), and also across the transom. The companionway leads down into the main cabin and gives access, under the steps, to the vessel's engine. There is a full-length quarter berth immediately to starboard, forward of which is the galley. This provides a sink (with manually pumped cold water), Plastimo Neptune 2000 cooker (2 burners and grill), cupboards, locker and worktops. Opposite this is a dinette (converts to a double). Going forward, the heads is to port and provides a Parr/ITT sea-toilet. Opposite this is a hanging locker and in the bow there are 2 further full-length berths, an escape hatch and access to the chain locker. Headroom, at 5ft 9in is good for a vessel this size and the vessel's decor is in good condition, with upholstery in orange leatherette and acres of varnished woodwork.
- Navigation equipment: Swiftech VHF (1997), Sestrel bulkhead compass, Nasa Speed & distance log, Nasa windspeed and direction, Nasa echosounder (all 1996), Autohelm ST 1000 (1993)
- Safety equipment: Horseshoe lifebuoy, 2 x fire extinguishers
- Deck equipment: CQR anchor with chain and warp, stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guardlines, sprayhood (Jeckells 1997), fitted cockpit cover
In addition to the new engine, fitted 1992, she had all new stern gear including exhaust, fuel tank, propeller and shaft, cutlass bearing, battery installation, etc. She is fitted with a rope cutter. Her stainless steel standing rigging was replaced in 1997 and her cockpit woodwork - seats and washboards - were replaced in 1999. This boat has had a large amount of work carried out by her owners, who have owned her for the last 10 years.
Still in her original gleaming gelcoat, this is an outstanding example of the class.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1151 01060106 Timo