1979 Heavenly Twins Catamaran - £24,000
Lying : Essex - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 7.92m (26ft 0in)
Beam : 4.19m (13ft 9in)
Draft : 0.69m (2ft 3in)
- GRP construction
Rigging & Sails
- Bermudan Sloop rig
- Aluminium mast/spars
- Standing and running rigging recently renewed
- Main with boom roller-reefing
- Roller reefed genoa
- Cruising chute
- Working jib
- Storm jib
- All sails understood to be in good condition
Mechanical & Electrical
- Yanmar 2GM20 diesel (new 1997, 112 hours only)
- 2 x 12V batteries
- Wasp wind generator
- 6 berths in 3 cabins, plus galley and heads
- The boat has a good-sized central cockpit with access forward into the main cabin and aft into two sleeping cabins. The two aft cabins each have a double berth and locker space. Going forward, there is a central saloon which has 4ft 6in headroom and provides a central a dinette (converts into a double berth). There is a step down into each of the hulls, where there is 6ft headroom. The port hull provides the galley area and a large locker in the bow. The galley has a sink unit with pressurised water, a 12V hot/cold box, Flavel cooker (2 burners, grill and oven) plus an additional 2 burners and grill, storage and worktops. The starboard hull has the navigation area and the heads. The heads has a Brydon sea-toilet and a shower.
- Navigation equipment: Sestrel grid compass, Autohelm depthsounder, Autohelm autopilot, Ocean Star VHF (plus cockpit repeater), Garmin 128 GPS, Autohelm windspeed indicator, navigation lights
- Safety equipment: Fire blanket, 4 x extinguishers
- Deck equipmennt: 10kg Bruce anchor, Fisherman's kedge anchor, chain and multiplat rope, stainless steel pulpit rail, boarding ladder, stanchions and guardlines, sprayhood (new), fenders, warps, bosun's chair
- Inflatable tender with 2hp Evinrude outboard
This vessel has been only lightly used, due to the fact that her owner, a yacht delivery skipper, is often away on ocean deliveries of yachts. As with any cruising cat, the amount of accommodation cannot be directly compared with that of a single-hulled vessel of the same length. It is understood that the vessel had a satisfactory insurance survey in late 2000 and that the vessel's hulls were epoxy coated to 6in above the waterline. A good solid boat, with a lot of space for the overall length.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1142 00000000 Melody Ann