1987 Cygnus Dive Support Vessel - £55,000
Lying : Cambridgeshire - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Builder : Clark's Boat Works, Portland, Dorset
LOA : 12.04m (39ft 6in)
Beam : 4.27m (14ft 0in)
Draft : 1.52m (5ft 0in)
- GRP construction
- Very heavily constructed with a 120 by 80 mm D-fender round her hull, plus a further 450mm D-fender lower
- Superstructure is protected by a substantial collision frame to protect her from damage being incurred as a result of contacting other vessels when the boat could be rolling heavily
Mechanical & Electrical
- Caterpillar 3306 DI diesel driving a fixed pitch propeller through a twin disc MG 509 gearbox
- Tankage : Approximately 650 gallons diesel and 40 gallons freshwater
- Fuel consumption is about 10 gallons/hour at cruising speed
- 4 berths, plus small galley area and toilet
- This vessel has a large wheelhouse, with steering (to port), the dive control console, navigation gear and the galley area, which provides a small cooker and sink. A companionway leads down into the diver's quarters, where there is a table, 4 single berths plus a huge amount of storage space and access to the engine room. The area has a glazed skylight plus portholes to either side and also has an electric heater. The heads is situated just off the engine room, to starboard. The vessel has a huge aft deck, with access to the bottle store via a hatch. There is an access door on the stern with a folding diver's ladder.
- Navigation equipment: Sailor RT144C radio, Furuno radar model 1800, Royal RV 300E depth sounder, Sestrel compass, windscreen wipers, navigation and deck lights
- Diving equipment: Main diving control board, diver two-way radio system, Ingasoll Rand type 30 air compressor powered by a Lister 2 cylinder diesel, 2 x compressed air tanks
- Other equipment: ED210 gas detector, ventilation fans, Halon fire extinguishers in the engine room, automatic bilge pumps
Built by Clark's Boat Works, Portland, Dorset, this vessel was previously used in Portland harbour as a diving/maintenance vessel. Her current owners have used her for similar purposes, though on a wider geographic base. Massively constructed, and appearing to be well-maintained, this is a serious working vessel. She carries a large amount of professional diving gear, which would need testing before use but is understood to be in good working order.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1130 01040104 Lady Nicola