1960 Curtis & Pape TSMY - £25,000
Lying : Norfolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 12.2m (40ft 0in)
Beam : 3.68m (12ft 1in)
Draft : 1.19m (3ft 11in)
- Larch on oak construction, copper fastened
- Built in 1960s
- Round bilge
- Decks are a 0.75in composite of marine ply and West System epoxy, the whole being Cascover sheathed
Mechanical & Electrical
- Twin 80hp Ford Sabre diesels with Borg Warner gearboxes
- 9 berths in 3 cabins, plus galley and 2 heads, one with shower
- This is a big boat, with access to the interior via an upper deck (with outside steering). The companionway leads down into the deck saloon, which has a settee to either side and a fixed central, drop-leaf table. This area is very well lit, with windows to each side and looking forward, in addition to which there is a large glass panel in the deck head. The vessel's lower helm position is forward, to port whilst opposite is a chart table. Going forward, a further companionway leads down into the galley, where there is a stainless steel sink (with pressurised hot, from a calorifier, and cold), microwave cooker, large fridge, gimballed stainless steel cooker (2 burners, grill and oven) and a Wallas paraffin ceramic hob (both these fitted new 1998). Leading off the galley, is a heads, with hand basin and toilet. The fore-cabin provides 4 full-length bunks, plus lockers. Going aft from the deck saloon, a further companionway leads down to a bunk room (single berth plus pipe cot), another heads (toilet, hand basin and shower) and the aft cabin. This provides a double and a single berth plus large chest of drawers, hanging locker and seating. The boat has electric lighting throughout and benefits from Webasto central heating. Headroom, at about 6ft 2in, is good, and the boat's decor is in good condition with upholstery in the deck saloon in blue/grey dralon with acres of varnished teak and mahogany. There is access to the engine room from beneath both the forward and aft companionways. She has shore power and has a new split charging system (new auxiliary battery fitted). Most of the instrumentation is duplicated on the upper helm position, which also provides comfortable and sheltered seating for 6 to 8 people.
- Navigation equipment: Binnacle compass, autopilot, wind speed indicator, rudder indicator, chart plotter, GPS, radar, Decca, VHF, Navtex, navigation lights
- Deck equipment: Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit, stanchions and guardlines, radar arch, mizzen mast with new steadying sail with lazy jacks by Jeckells, remote controlled electric anchor winch (new), anchor and chains (all re-galvanised 1999), spray hood (new), tonneau cover, winter cover with windows (new), mooring lines, fenders (new)
This vessel has been the subject of considerable renovation and refurbishment. We understand the owner has spent some £20,000 over the last 3 years and that she is only now for sale due to a change in plans. She has full British Registration (registered tonnage 16.36 tons). She has recently been repainted/re-varnished (this latter is still being completed), and had her antifouling renewed. She has also had new stainless steel and phosphor-bronze seacocks fitted, and has a new winter cover with transparent windows, which keeps the interior of the boat light. A survey report is available for serious enquirers. She is a very comfortable and handsome vessel, ideal for coastal or inland cruising and/or as a live aboard.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1126 01060106 John Ranby