1983 Classic East Coast Gaff Schooner - USD81,000
Lying : Spain - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 15.85m (52ft 0in)
Beam : 3.07m (10ft 1in)
Draft : 1.47m (4ft 10in)
Keel : Long
- Mahogany on laminated oak frames
- Teak-laid decks
Rigging & Sails
- Gaff Schooner rig
- Douglas fir mast/spars (replaced 1995)
- Stainless steel standing rigging all new 1995
- Pro-Furl head stay available, not currently in use
- Balloon jib
- Inner staysail (old)
- Storm trysail
- Some of above sails new 1995
- Sail covers (new 1996/7)
Mechanical & Electrical
- Status 42hp diesel
- Fuel consumption 3 litres/hour at cruising speed of 6 knots
- Tankage : 110 litres diesel, 700 litres water
- 2 x 12v 200 a/hr batteries (brand new)
The boat has a good-sized cockpit, with companionway leading down into the main saloon. There is a full-length quarter berth to either side and forward of this, to port, is the vessel's chart table and heads (with shower). Opposite this is the galley, which provides a Plastimo cooker (2 burners, grill and oven), fridge, sink-unit (with manually pumped cold water), worktop and cupboards/drawers. There is also a Blakes stainless steel kerosene cooker, though this is not installed. Going forward again there is a settee berth to either side and a fixed drop-leaf table, and in the bow there is a double berth. Headroom, at 6th is good and the boat, with its decor in varnished mahogany and white paint, opening port lights and glazed hatch in the deckhead, looks bright and airy.
- Navigation equipment: 2 x compasses, Autohelm, navigation lights
- Safety equipment: Life jackets, flares, 2 x fire-extinguishers
- Deck equipment: Loftus electric anchor windlass, 70lb CQR anchor with 200 metres 12mm chain, stainless steel stanchions and guardlines, awnings and yacht cover (all new 1996/7)
Understood to have won a trophy for Best Restored yacht in Barcelona, 1995, this boat appears to be in outstanding condition. In addition to the above, there is also a Kerosene space heater (not installed). Though not personally inspected, this looks to be a really lovely traditionally styled vessel.
Archived Prior to 2004
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1118 00000000 La Brillanta