1996 Brent Swain 36 - £46,900
Lying : Suffolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Designer : Brent Swain, Vancouver
LOA : 10.97m (36ft 0in)
Beam : 3.2m (10ft 6in)
Draft : 1.83m (6ft 0in)
Keel : Fin
- Steel construction
- Long fin & skeg
- Cream with white superstructure and blue antifouling
- Decks are painted with working areas coated in cork granule/epoxy resin (non-slip and hard wearing)
- Deck hardware (cleats, chain plates, fairleads, etc.) all in 316 stainless steel
- Windows are 0.5in Plexiglas in the doghouse and 3/8in elsewhere
- 2 x opening hatches in cabin roof
- Large lazarette in aft deck
Rigging & Sails
- Bermudan Cutter rig
- Alloy mast/spars by Z-spars
- 4 x 2-speed halyard winches
- 2 x 2-speed sheet winches
- 3 x single-speed sheet winches
- Main (4 reefs) by Lucas
- High cut yankee jib (1 reef) by Lucas
- Large staysail
- Small staysails
Mechanical & Electrical
- Vetus 310 22hp diesel driving a 3-blade prop through a Hurth 2:1 gearbox
- R & D coupling
- PSS deep-sea seal on propeller shaft
- Tiller steering
- Tankage : 20 gallons diesel in stainless steel tank, 50 gallons freshwater in keel
- 5 berths, plus galley and heads
- The boat has a good-sized, self-draining cockpit, with seating to all round. The sliding hatch over the companionway is constructed so that a degree of shelter is provided at the forward end of the cockpit, and the companionway steps lead down into the saloon. There is access to the engine under the steps. The galley is to port and provides a Plastimo Pacific gimballed cooker (2 burners and oven, with flame failure device), a deep, electrically powered, chest refrigerator, sink unit with manually pumped cold water (with large filter), worktop and cupboards. Opposite this there is a wet locker, a quarter berth, cupboard and the navigation station. This provides a chart table plus chart storage, electronics, etc. Going forward, there is a dinette to port and a single settee berth to starboard (all seats have built-in storage). There is a fitted drop leaf table, with built in bottle store. Going forward again, a bulkhead door leads through to the forepeak, where there is a double berth, hanging locker and the heads. This has a Baby Blake sea toilet and further storage. Decor is good with all internal woodwork being in varnished hardwood, and the deckheads in pine. Upholstery is finished in a red woven material.
- Navigation equipment: Garmin 128 12 channel GPS, Cetrek depth sounder, VHF radio, Danforth compass, navigation lights, Aries wind-vane self-steering
- Deck equipment: Lofrans Royal anchor winch, 45lb CQR with 130ft 9mm chain, 35lb CQR with 25ft chain and 200ft 5/8 anchor plait, galvanised pulpit, pushpit and handrails, stainless steel rungs built into the rudder and transom, transom arch with 2 x Siemens 50W solar panels
It is understood the hull is insulated, down to her waterline, with 1in Styrofoam insulation making her warm, dry and quiet. She has bronze seacocks throughout, all suitably insulated from the steel hull. Her rigging, which looks to be in excellent condition, is in stainless steel with bronze and stainless rigging screws. She has 9 coats of epoxy coal tar on her bottom, 6 coats of epoxy on her topsides over-coated with 2-part polyurethane paint. She has completed an Atlantic circuit (Cape Verde Islands, Caribbean, Bermuda, Azores, Ireland, Scotland) and is understood to be an easy and fast single-hander (Cape Verde to St Martin - 2,200 miles - in 14.5 days).
Her owner is a qualified boat builder and has fitted her out to a very high standard in a traditional style with immaculate, solid-timber joinery (raised panel doors, all joints dovetailed or mortise and tenon as appropriate).
This vessel has just (March 2001) had a full out of water survey, with excellent results.This is a serious blue water cruising boat. Designed by Brent Swain (Vancouver), she has attractive lines, good accommodation and is built and fitted out to a high standard.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1112 01030103 Kerrera