1905 Ernest Collins Sailing Cruiser - £4,995
Lying : Norfolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 7.32m (24ft 0in)
Beam : 2.44m (8ft 0in)
Draft : 0.91m (3ft 0in)
Keel : Fin
- Clinker construction
- Pine on oak
- White with varnished superstructure
Rigging & Sails
- Gaff rig
- Timber mast/spars
- Heavy weight brown Dacron sails (new 1989)
Mechanical & Electrical
- Seagull Century 4hp longshaft outboard
- 2 berths plus pipe cot, plus galley space
- The boat has a good-sized cockpit with seating and lockers to either side. In the cabin there is a full-length single berth to either side plus a pipe cot, which fits under the foredeck. There is a metal lined cooking locker in the cockpit (no cooker). The boat has a full-length tent covering the cockpit and cabin, giving standing headroom in the cockpit (this section has windows in the sides). In addition there is also a cockpit cover, which is understood to date from 1997.
This boat is understood to have been in private ownership since at least the 1940s, and during that time has been cruised but not raced. In current ownership for 30 years, she is offered in need of quite a lot of work, though it would appear that she is generally sound. Recent work has included new oak floors and bilge plank (1995), port side ribs doubled and a new rudder fitted 1996. It is understood that she is stiff and sails well.
Clinker built Broads sailing cruisers are comparatively rare and, with her attractive lines and traditional rig and sails, this one is very eye-catching. Well worth seeing, especially if you are prepared to do the work required to bring her up to scratch.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1070 98079807 Four Winds