1966 Finesse 21 - £5,500
Lying : Essex - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Builder : A F Platt
LOA : 6.4m (21ft 0in)
Beam : 2.29m (7ft 6in)
Draft : 0.61m (2ft 0in)
Maximum Draft : 1.83m (6ft 0in)
Keel : Lifting
- Clinker built timber construction
- Lifting centre-plate
- White hull with red boot and cove lines and varnished superstructure
Rigging & Sails
- Bermudan Sloop rig
- Timber mast/spars
- Tan main with boom roller reefing
- Jib on Plastimo furling
- 3 x other headsails
- Spinnaker Sail cover
Mechanical & Electrical
- Yanmar 8hp diesel (1995)
- 3/4 berths in 2 cabins, plus galley and heads
- The main cabin gives accommodation for 2/3 persons with a settee to either side (starboard converts into a double), and provides a galley area with cooker (2 burner and grill) to port. In the focsle space there is a single berth to port, and the sea-toilet to starboard. The vessel has ample storage space below the berths and in purpose-built lockers and shelves. Headroom in the vessel is limited, but is ample when seated.
- Navigation equipment: Compass, hand-bearing compass, Navico echosounder, Huson 55 VHF, Wasp speed and distance log, Tiller autohelm, clock, barometer, navigation lights
- Deck equipment: 20lb CQR anchor with chain and warp, galvanised pulpit
- Avon Redstart dinghy
The owner has done a lot of work in bringing this vessel up to a good condition. This has included: keel bolts replaced 1994, new engine installation 1995, various interior improvements carried out by A F Platt (her builder) in 1994 including modification of the plate to an L shape, thus allowing for a smaller plate casing and giving more living space. It is understood that she was last surveyed in 1997. Paint and varnishwork is in good condition. A nice example of these classic small yachts.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1065 00000000 Georgiana