1960 Truman Calypso - £6,000
Lying : Norfolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 8.08m (26ft 6in)
Beam : 2.54m (8ft 4in)
Draft : 0.86m (2ft 10in)
Keel : Fin
- Glued strip plank construction, mahogany on oak
- Centre cockpit
- Aeroflow fin keel
- Completely refurbished under professional supervision 1994/95
- Minimum air draft : 5ft 10in
Rigging & Sails
- Bermudan Sloop rig
- Hollow timber mast/spars
- Mast lowering equipment, including winch in forepeak
- Main (new 1997)
Mechanical & Electrical
- Volvo 2001 10hp diesel (new 1995)
- 4 berths in 2 cabins, plus galley and heads
- The craft has a good-sized centre cockpit with whipstaff steering, a gas fridge and the vessel's gas box, batteries, etc. Going aft, there is a separate sleeping cabin with 2 full-length berths and standing headroom centrally. Forward, at the foot of the companionway to port, is the galley area with a Flavel Vanessa gas cooker (2 burners, grill and oven), sink unit with pressurised cold water, storage and draining board. Opposite this is the good-sized heads, with a sea-toilet and handbasin. Immediately forward of this, there are hanging lockers and swing-out seats to either side of the vessel, a central removable drop-leaf table and a fitted settee which converts into a double berth. Upholstery is in greeny beige material. To each side there are cupboards, shelves and cave lockers giving a large amount of storage, with additional storage under the settee. All internal woodwork is in varnished mahogany, and the deckheads are coated in corkrum and painted white. The vessel has electric lighting and a catalytic heater in the main cabin. Headroom in the main cabin is 6ft 4in.
- Cockpit pram hood
- Cockpit cover
Designed for family use, these ex-hire craft combine good looks with a fair degree of spaciousness and good headroom. It is understood the vessel was the subject of a major refurbishment which included replacement of upholstery, re-varnishing (inside and out), cooker, fridge, window and ports, carpets, etc. Externally, her decks were recovered (Trakmark) as also was her cabin top. Her standing and running rigging were also replaced, her mast rebuilt, some planking replaced, chrome work re-plated, etc. She is a pretty boat with good accommodation, and is well worth seeing.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1063 00000000 Bindy