1986 Sailing Cruiser - £8,500
Lying : Norfolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 7.16m (23ft 6in)
Beam : 2.21m (7ft 3in)
Draft : 0.58m (1ft 11in)
Maximum Draft : 1.37m (4ft 6in)
Keel : Lifting
- Wood/epoxy construction
- Centreboard keel
- White with dark-blue trim and light-blue decks
- Coppercoat antifouling (applied 1998, with a 10 year projected life)
- Minimum air draft : 5ft 6in
Rigging & Sails
- 7/8 Bermudan Sloop rig
- Aluminium mast/spars by Kemp
- Mast lowering gear
- Main (Jeckells)
- Genoa (Jeckells)
- Working (Jeckells)
- Storm jib (Jeckells)
Mechanical & Electrical
- Honda 9.9 four-stroke electric start outboard mounted in well (1992, serviced each season)
- 4 berths, plus galley and toilet
- The boat has a large, self-draining cockpit with seating to either side, lockers under and cubbyhole storage under the side-decks. The companionway has a highly innovative washboard which telescopes down to stow out of the way, and steps containing a small storage locker, lead down into the saloon. Here, there is a full-length settee berth to either side forward of which, to starboard, is the chart-table and storage drawers opposite which is the galley. This has a gimballed Plastimo cooker (2 burner with flame failure device and grill, new 2000), worktop and storage. The plate case has a fitted seat to its top which allows working at the chart-table or in the galley. Water is held in plastic containers with a fitted pump. Going forward, there is a bulkhead with curtain, behind which there is a Lavac sea-toilet to port opposite which is a hanging locker. A further bulkhead with curtain separates off the bow area where there are 2 full-length berths (can convert into a double). Headroom is 4ft 9in in the saloon and 5ft 10in under the companionway hardtop. Decor is in teak/mahogany woodwork with gold leatherette upholstery (all unmarked) and teak and holly floors. She also has a removable, bulkhead-mounted table which can be used at the companionway, in the galley area or in the cockpit.
- Navigation equipment: Navico Tillerpilot, Plastimo Contest bulkhead compass, Tridata depthsounder and log, Magellan GPS, navigation lights, Navico VHF
- Safety equipment: horseshoe lifebuoy, Henderson bilge pump
- Deck equipment: 7.5kg Bruce anchor with chain and warp, fitted cockpit cover, stainless steel pulpit, stanchions and guardlines
- 2 wheel road trailer (new tyres 1999)
This boat has many unusual and practical features. Typical of these are the fact that the section of floor between the two forward berths can be relocated to form the infill for conversion to a double; the fact that the Lavac can easily be adapted to enable evacuation of any residual water after withdrawing the log paddle transducer; the way in which the vessel's battery box (new batteries 2000) stows under the cockpit sole; the built-in wind-down beaching legs, enabling her to sit upright on a drying mooring; the twin rudders that incorporate a built-in boarding ladder; the elastic damper on the plate lanyard that obviates the plate crashing down if the lanyard is loosed; the sliding, removable glazed hard-top over the companionway; and her built-in foam buoyancy. Her outboard, which has 13-amp charging coils, is installed in a well and tilts up through an opening in the bottom of the transom to allow easy access to the propeller. This is a boat which incorporates a whole host of good ideas, the practicality of which has been thought through and honed over an extended period. She was fully epoxy-coated inside and out prior to painting and varnishing and her rubbing strakes and handrails have been treated with Deks Olje each year. Building survey and insurance survey reports are available if required.
When we were asked to see this boat, which is of the owner's own design and building, we were quite unprepared for the quality and practicality she represents. She is in outstanding condition - even her bilges are spotless - and is a boat that is a pleasure to have on the list.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1054 00000000 Shalimar