1928 Broads Sailing Cruiser - £12,500
Lying : Norfolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Builder : Pegg of Wroxham
LOA : 8.23m (27ft 0in)
Beam : 2.44m (8ft 0in)
Draft : 0.91m (3ft 0in)
Keel : Fin
- Timber construction
Rigging & Sails
- Topsail Gaff rig
- Timber mast (by Collars) and spars
- 2 x Jibs
- Storm jib
- Wykeham-Martin headsail gear
Mechanical & Electrical
- Outboard well with fared-in removable bottom
- No engine included in sale
- 3 berths, plus cooker and toilet
- The boat has a large cockpit with seating and lockers to either side and under the aft deck. Immediately inside the cabin, which has a lifting roof giving a maximum of about 5ft 9in headroom, there is a sea-toilet to port and a small, 2 burner cooker to starboard. Forward of these there are settee-berths to either side, giving 3 berths in all, and a drop-leaf table. There is a fitted drinks cupboard under the mast support, and there is additional storage under the berths and also in the forepeak. The boat's decks are covered in a non-slip material and appear to be in good order.
- Overall cover
- Over-boom tent
- Mud weight
A well-known boat, the history of which is quite well known. She was named after a First World War Australian destroyer (the Captain of which was related to Bryony's then owner) and she still has that vessel's wardroom plaque mounted in her cockpit under the tiller. She was the subject of a £7,900 refurbishment completed summer 2001. A very nice example of these craft, and one that has clearly been well cared-for.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1044 00000000 Bryony