1979 Mirage 28 Mk II - £13,995
Lying : Essex - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 8.53m (28ft 0in)
Beam : 2.82m (9ft 3in)
Draft : 1.12m (3ft 8in)
Keel : Bilge
- GRP construction
- White with a red bootline and black antifouling
Rigging & Sails
- Masthead Sloop rig
- Aluminium mast/spars
- Slab reefed main with lazy-jacks
- Furling genoa (1998)
- Old genoa
- Working jib
- Storm jib
- Cruising chute
- Sail cover
Mechanical & Electrical
- Yanmar 2QH 15hp diesel
- 4/5 berths in 2 cabins, plus galley and heads
- The boat has a good sized cockpit with seating to either side, a locker to starboard and the gas locker under the stern-deck. The companionway leads down into the cabin, where the galley is to starboard and there is a full-sized quarter-berth to port. The galley has a Flavell cooker (2 burners, grill and oven), sink with manual cold water, cupboards, etc. Forward of these there is a single settee berth to either side and a drop-leaf table. Forward again, the heads, which has a sea-toilet and handbasin, is to port, opposite which is a locker. In the bow there is a full-length V-berth. The boat's upholstery was renewed in 1998, and she has a radio/cassette system.
- Navigation equipment: Sestral steering compass, Garmin 120XL GPS, Incastec echosounder, Navico RT 6500 VHF, clock and barometer, navigation lights
- Safety equipment: Boarding ladder, radar reflector, coastal flare pack (December 1999), lifebuoy, 3 x fire extinguishers
- Deck equipment: CQR anchor with chain and warp, cockpit dodgers, stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and stanchions
It is understood this boat had a fairly major refit in 1998, when new windows, ropes, stanchions and jib-furling gear was fitted. At the same time her upholstery was renewed, and since then there has been further refurbishment of the interior. The Mirage is a roomy, fairly fast small cruiser ideal for family use. Although in somewhat of an end-of-season condition, this vessel looks to be good value for money.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1037 00000000 Ghost