1985 Roberts Spray 33 - USD40,000
Lying : Bahamas - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Designer : Bruce Roberts
Builder : Whisstocks of Woodbridge, UK
LOA : 10.06m (33ft 0in)
Beam : 3.66m (12ft 0in)
Draft : 1.52m (5ft 0in)
Keel : Long
- Steel construction
- Dark blue with white superstructure
Rigging & Sails
- Cutter rig
- Aluminium mast/spars
- Slab reefing main
- Roller reefing no.1 genoa
- Storm trisail
- Working jib
- Sail cover
Mechanical & Electrical
- 50hp Perkins 4108 diesel (freshwater cooled)
- Aries wind vane
- Automatic battery charger
- MSX 30L solar cell
- B & G Battery level indicator
- Shore power
- Tankage : 100 gallons diesel, 100 gallons water
- 25 gallon holding tank with pump-out
- 4 berths, plus galley and heads with shower
- The vessel has an open cockpit with wheel steering, seating to both sides and a large lazarette in the aft deck. The companionway steps (under which there is access to the engine and separate battery compartment) lead down into the main cabin where there is a full-length quarter berth to either side (both with built-in storage over). Forward of these, to port, is the navigation station with full-size chart table and the vessel's electronics, and a dinette. This converts into a double berth and has a fitted, drop-leaf table plus storage lockers and drawers both behind and beneath the settee. Opposite this is a large hanging locker and the galley, which provides a Taylor's 2 burner and oven kerosene-fuelled cooker (plus an electric cooker), Thermocool electric fridge/freezer (chest type), double sink unit with pressurised hot (from calorifier) and cold, storage cupboards and shelves, etc. Going forward, the heads is to port and provides a toilet (Lavac), shower and handbasin. Opposite this is a further hanging locker plus shelves, and in the bow, closed off by a hardwood louvered door, is the sail locker and ship's stores. There is access from here to the vessel's 2 chain lockers. The vessel is fitted with air-conditioning and Eberspacher central heating, and comes complete with TV and VCR. Internal woodwork is all in hardwood and her upholstery is in biscuit/fawn woven material. Headroom, as is usual in the Sprays, is good at 6ft 4in.
- Navigation equipment: Sestral compass, Seavoice RT550 VHF, Micrologic Voyager Loran, Sony portable GPS, Autohelm 4000 autopilot, Autohelm 7000 autopilot, Brookes and Gatehouse sounder, B & G speed and distance log, navigation lights, sextant
- Safety equipment: USCG safety package, 4-man Avon Redcrest with 3 hp Johnson, radar reflector, 3 fire extinguishers, gas detector, offshore flare pack, horseshoe lifebuoy, boarding ladder
- Deck equipment: 45lb CQR with 300ft 3/8in chain, 45lb CQR with 200ft 3/8in chain, 35lb Danforth with 100ft chain, dodgers, bimini, deck awning, fenders and lines, stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guardlines
Formerly known as "Bellavia", this boat is featured in Bruce Roberts' book "Spray: the Ultimate Cruising Boat" where Bruce, who reports he saw her being built and was present at her launching and trials, comments "This Spray 33 certainly sails well and was beautifully built and fitted out". Built by the well-respected Woodbridge, UK yard of Whisstocks, she has crossed the Atlantic is now unexpectedly offered for sale due to health reasons. Unlike most other vessels for sale outside the EC, China Blue, having been built in the UK prior to June 1998, is exempt from the requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive. A copy of a survey report (May 1996) is available for serious enquirers.
This well-equipped and comfortable boat is priced to sell, particular cognisance being made of the fact that, for UK and EC enquirers, the vessel may be required to be brought back to Europe. However, it is understood that VAT may have to be paid on her.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1027 00000000 China Blue