1998 Barnes 28 - £19,950
Lying : Norfolk - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
LOA : 8.53m (28ft 0in)
Beam : 2.97m (9ft 9in)
Draft : 1.52m (5ft 0in)
Keel : Fin
- GRP construction
- Lead keel
- Teak decks and cabin roof
- White with blue trim
Rigging & Sails
- Masthead Bermudian Sloop rig
- Alloy mast/spars
- Harken 16 self-tailing sheet winches
- All lines led back to cockpit
- Slab reefed, fully battened main
- Roller reefed genoa
- Sail cover
Mechanical & Electrical
- Nanni 3 cylinder 21hp diesel
- Stainless steel prop shaft
- 3 blade propeller
- 3 x 120 amp hour batteries
- Battery charger
- Shore power
- Immersion heater
- 6 berths in 2 cabins, plus galley and heads with shower
- The vessel has a large cockpit with seating (with cushions) and lockers to both sides. There is a gate in the pushpit (converts to a boarding ladder) giving access to a moulded-in swim platform, bathing ladder and deck shower. Smoked acrylic washboards lead onto the companionway at the foot of which, to port, is the access to the aft cabin. This provides a double berth plus hanging locker (and other cupboards) and ports opening into both the cockpit and also out through the topsides (this last being fitted with an insect screen). There is standing headroom in the forward part of this cabin, with sufficient headroom to sit up in bed at the head of the berth. Going forward, also to port, is the heads, this providing a Parr sea-toilet, handbasin (with pressurised hot and cold) and shower. Opposite these is the galley, this providing a large electric fridge, sink and drainer with pressurised hot (both from the engine and also from an immersion heater) and cold, a Flavel Vanessa cooker (2 burners, grill and oven), cupboards and drawers. Forward again there is a cream leather horseshoe shaped settee and a fitted, folding table amidships. In the bow there is a further double berth, under which there is a large amount of storage (there are also lockers under the side decks and under all seats). The vessel has excellent headroom (about 6ft 1in) and is finished in teak, with a teak and holly saloon floor. She has a built in Pioneer CD/radio system, with waterproof speakers in the cockpit, and is in general beautifully finished.
- Navigation equipment: Icom VHF, Navico Tillerpilot, Nasa speed and distance log, Nasa echosounder, bulkhead compass, navigation lights
- Safety equipment: Manual and automatic bilge pumps
- Deck equipment: Manual anchor winch, Bruce anchor with 15m chain, stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and stanchions, dark blue dodgers and matching spray hood, fitted cockpit table
In excellent condition, this vessel is the property of one of Broadland's hire fleet owners, by whom she was also built and fitted out. She is based on an Arenson 26, but professionally extended to 28ft giving more space and better performance. We understand that she recently weathered a storm with 100km winds in the Mediterranean reaching 11 knots going down the waves and 10 knots going up them.
Very well worth seeing, this is a vessel that has been fitted out to a very high specification.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1018 03040304 Ivy Mist