1982 Roberts Spray 40 - £49,950
Lying : Devon - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Designer : Bruce Roberts
LOA : 16.76m (55ft 0in)
Beam : 4.37m (14ft 4in)
Draft : 1.37m (4ft 6in)
Keel : Long
- Steel construction
- Green with white superstructure
Rigging & Sails
- Cutter rigged ketch
- Hollow spruce mast/spars
- Slab reefed main
- Slab reefed mizzen
- Roller reefed headsails
- Sail covers
Mechanical & Electrical
- 65hp Ford D diesel (in need of attention)
- Tankage : 160 gallons diesel, 100 gallons water
- Aerogen 3 wind generator
- 6 berths in 3 cabins, plus galley and heads
- The boat has a centre cockpit with an all-enclosing acrylic cover and wheel steering. Companionway steps lead forward into the main cabin where the galley is located to starboard, opposite which is the chart table. The galley provides 2 stainless steel sink units, a Flavell Vanesa cooker (2 burners, grill and oven), fridge, worktop and storage. There is pressurised water, with the hot water being heated by a Rondo gas water heater. Going forward, there is a dinette (believed converts to a double) to port and a Murso Squirrel solid fuel cabin heater to starboard. Forward again, the heads, which provides a Lavac toilet and shower, is to port, opposite which is a hanging locker. In the forecabin there is a further single berth. Going aft from the companionway, a passageway to port leads to a double cabin (note: this area needs a complete refit).
- Navigation equipment: Suunto steering compass, Navico electronic compass, Garmin GPS, Cetrek autopilot, Navico echo-sounder/speed and distance log, Navico 6500S VHF, navigation lights
- Safety equipment: Radar reflector
- Deck equipment: Simpson Lawrence electric/manual windlass (1996), 75lb and 45lb CQR with chain and warp, heavy stainless steel stanchions and guardlines plus pulpit, pushpit and davits
This boat has not been personally inspected but is understood to be a professionally built vessel, the internal fit-out (particularly the aft cabin) of which is not yet complete. A 1997 survey report available.
In need of completing and also a fair amount of refitting, this is a large vessel that would repay any work being into her.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1012 00000000 Jacqueline