1995 Roberts Spray - £46,500
Lying : Dorset - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Designer : Bruce Roberts
LOA : 11.84m (38ft 10in)
Beam : 3.99m (13ft 1in)
Draft : 1.37m (4ft 6in)
Keel : Long
- Steel construction
- Blue with white superstructure
Rigging & Sails
- Bermudian Sloop rig
- Alloy mast/spars by Z-spars (1998)
- Main (by Kemp, August 1998)
- Genoa both (by Kemp, August 1998)
Mechanical & Electrical
- Ford 4d diesel (said to be very economical - 20 gallons motoring from Boston, Lincs to Weymouth, Dorset)
- Steering is by wheel in wheelhouse, or tiller from small aft well-deck
- Tankage : 120 gallons diesel, 100 gallons water
- Wind generator
- 6 berths in 4 cabins, plus galley and heads with shower
- The boat has a wheelhouse with companionway down into the saloon, where there is access to the aft cabin (2 single berths plus hanging lockers and other storage) plus the galley and living space. The galley has a gimballed Taylors 041 cooker (hotplate, 2 burners, grill and oven), fridge, sink unit with pressurised hot (heated by Eberspacher diesel heater) and cold water, worktop and storage and the living area has a drop-leaf dining table with two settees. As with all Bruce Roberts boats, headroom is good with a minimum of 6ft. Interior woodwork is varnished and upholstery is in a cotton fabric. The vessel has a Taylors paraffin space heater (converted to run on propane), with additional heating being drawn as blown hot air from the engine room. Opposite the galley, to starboard, is a large heads which provides a sea-toilet and shower. Going forward, the forecabin provides a double berth, hanging locker and other storage, plus a seat, 2 children's bunks and access to the chain locker.
- Navigation equipment: Garmin 6S GPS, Garmin 120XL GPS, Nasa Stingray depthsounder, Nasa Clipper depthsounder, Autohelm plotter, Azimuth compass, Searanger VHF, 2 x further handheld VHF sets, navigation lights
- Deck equipment: Alexander electric windlass, 60m of 10mm chain, stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and stanchions, davits (TBC)
- Yamaha 330s inflatable with Yamaha 15hp outboard (new August 1998)
The 36 is a very popular size Spray. It is understood this one was built and fitted out by her owner for live-aboard purposes. She is understood to have foam insulation throughout, in consequence of which is said to be very comfortable - cool in summer, warm in winter.
Though not yet personally inspected, this looks to be good value for money. Topsail Marine are Bruce Roberts' sole UK agents, so we see a fair number of his boats. Experience has shown there to be a ready market for all models, especially the Sprays, so we would recommend early viewing.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1011 00000000 Metaris