1983 Roberts Spray 36 - USD80,000
Lying : Florida, USA - Viewing strictly by appointment through Topsail
Designer : Bruce Roberts
Builder : Island Star Marine, Gulfport, Mississippi
LOA : 12.07m (39ft 7in)
Beam : 3.66m (12ft 0in)
Draft : 1.27m (4ft 2in)
Keel : Long
- Steel construction
- Built 1983 - 1992
- Deep green with white superstructure and teak trim
Rigging & Sails
- Cutter rig
- Aluminium mast/spars
- Fully battened main with 2 reefs and dutchman
- Yankee with deckbag
- Staysail with deckbag
- Storm jib
- Trysail with deckbag
- All sails by Johnson Sail
- Dark green sail covers
Mechanical & Electrical
- BMW D35/1 30hp diesel (fresh water cooled)
- 3 blade feathering prop
- Teleflex hydraulic steering
- 190amp alternator
- Hart inverter
- Shore power
- Sayes Wind Vane
- 4 berths in 2 cabins, plus galley and heads
- The vessel has a good-sized centre cockpit, with a raised aft deck and wheelhouse making her light and airy and giving excellent headroom throughout. Going forward, the navigation station, with secondary steering position, is to starboard. This provides the chart table, a folding helm-seat, storage, navigation equipment and electrical control box. Opposite this is the galley area with a Tasco Kenyon cooker, (3 burner and oven), double sink units (one fresh water, the other salt), Seafrost cold plate freezer/refrigerator (with 6in insulation and engine driven compressor), worktops and cupboards. Going forward again is the main cabin with a settee berth to either side, lockers, reading lights, a fitted table and a stove. Forward again to the heads, which is spacious and extremely well fitted with a Baby Blake 111 MSD sea toilet, cupboards, handbasin, etc. Going aft from the cockpit, there is a large owner's stateroom, with a full sized double berth with lockers under, and two deep hanging lockers and a fitted bookshelf, with integral storage spaces. Interior decor is predominately white, with teak trim, a teak and holly sole and blue woven upholstery. Great care has been taken with the standard of fit-out which is not only of superb quality but also very artistically executed, featuring a recurring Dolphin motif which has been used to great effect in forming the ventilation holes in the vessel's numerous cupboard doors, etc.
- Navigation equipment: KVH Fluxgate compass, Raytheon 570 Loran, Raytheon Ray 80 VHF, Ritchie compass at cockpit pedestal (where there is a 32in teak wheel), Ship's bell, Boston clock and barometer
- Safety equipment: Electric bilge pump, stainless boarding ladder
- Deck equipment: 65lb Plough, 35lb CQR, 30lb Danforth, plus 200ft chain and 200ft 5/8 nylon, stainless pulpit, stanchions and handrails (including round the foot of mast, and round raised aft deck), cockpit bimini
This vessel appears to have been very substantially built, with a well thought-out, high quality fit-out. She was surveyed in 1993, valued at USD 180,000 and has an excellent report. She is US Coast Guard registered and is recommended for "all oceans navigation" by her surveyor. It is understood that although she was built in 1982, she was stored ashore during the next ten years whilst her fitting out was completed. Further details are available on page 132 of "Spray: the Ultimate Cruising Boat" by Bruce Roberts. She is for sail due to a change of plans.
Though not personally inspected, other than to have seen her on video, it is clear that this vessel has been built and fitted out to a very high standard. We have handled another Spray of this size and standard (albeit that that one was not rigged - no spars or sails were included in the sale) and she sold for a similar price, her ultimate buyer having travelled from Brazil specifically to see her such was her overall quality. Interest in that vessel was considerable, as we would expect also to be the case with this one. For a boat of this obvious quality, and recently repainted, we feel this to be a bargain price.
DISCLAIMER: Topsail Marine Yacht Brokers is acting as brokers (or in the case of classified adverts, advertising medium) only and unless stated otherwise the vendor is not selling in the course of business. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of particulars is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only. Prospective purchasers are strongly advised to check all particulars and where appropriate employ an independent qualified agent to carry out a survey and/or sea/river trial. Vessels are offered subject to prior sale, amendment or withdrawal without notice.
You are welcome to link to this page, but please do not use content in any other way without our permission.
1009 00000000 Hopeful